PDA

View Full Version : What upgraded motors are we using?

jamespl
10-20-2011, 07:43 AM
I know a few are using the ul-1 2000kv motor but from the vids I've seen it doesn't seem much faster and there doesn't seem to ba much chat about motors, ive just ordered a turnigy xk-4074 2000kv and I'm not sure if it will be a bit overkill? So what's everyone using and what works well?

Griff
10-20-2011, 08:58 AM
still using the stock motor at the moment, been going through flex's like mad, think I have found the problem had it on the bench to test and at full revs my turnigy esc is stalling the motor and then for a fraction of a second goes backward, then goes back to full speed in the water under load I am sure this is whats snapping my flex's, put the pro boat esc back in and it's running all good so its deffo an esc problem, as soon as i have this sorted I am going to try a 2000kv motor , but will probably wait till you post up how you get on lol.

Tom

martym10
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
The major problem on stock motor is wiring and small connectors. I burned them when I putted Castle Hydra 120. I cutted as close as possible to motor these wires and solder on them thick ones like are on castle creations hydra 120 ESC and put 5,5mm bullet connectors. Much better performance of motor now.

jamespl
10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
That was one of the first things I changed, the esc connectors to ec5 and 4mm connectors on the motor side. Im running a turnigy 120a at the mo. I've had my boat about 3 months and not one single problem with the flex breaking!

ibo24
10-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Iam still with the stock motor,first run broke the flexishaft,now on Hyperformance upgraded flex,s the ones with the black band running round it, these are a tad wider than stock but touch wood after 5 runs its still good,have changed all the connectors to 5.5mm bullets with no heat issues at all,I fitted the Turnigy 120a esc loads better,just waiting for the card now....

Griff
10-27-2011, 08:17 AM
just bagged a Ul-1 motor and jacket on ebay for $45.00..... bargain :) also ordered the upgrade stub shaft from OSE, should have them them next week so will put up what I think when I have run it will be running with a prather 220 prop

Tom