PDA

View Full Version : Pro Boat "Mystic"

Ken Haines
10-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey FE Fanatics,
I have been long overdue on posting this review, my apologies.
As most of you know our club hosted the 2011 FE Nat's in Ft Pierce, Florida.
With all the tasks involved in organizing the event I did not have all my fleet
complete as the race was approaching. With only a few weeks remaining before
the June start, I was picking Darin Jordan's brain on a phone call when he offered
me the opportunity to race his 1st production run & brand new Pro Boat "Mystic".
Wow... I was so excited and humbled just for the offer. Days later the boat arrived,
what a great looking boat. Very well crafted and appearing perfect in all details.
You must know in all my previous nationals racing LSO I have never faired very well.
Also I had never raced a cat in any form of racing other than some practice sessions.
Prior to the Nat’s I ran the boat only twice at approximately 3 minutes each on our course.
Well, other responsibilities took priority and I did not get the cat back in the water
till the 1st 4-min LSO heat on day 2 of the actual Nat's. Right off the bat the boat was
just a dream to drive it did everything I asked, went just where I pointed it and was really
quick. In the straight-aways it just sat on its heels and sped past many of the mono's.
In the corners it turned on a dime. I was a little off the pace set by Twaits, Paganelli,
and Sims, but as the we completed heat 1 then two I was getting very comfortable with
the boat and gained time every lap. At one point it seemed like if I drove a little dirty I
could have kept Dougie from being able to ever pass me. I did finally let him go ! (lol).
Heat 3 was an even bigger treat the amazing little box stock cat was flying lap after lap
as I learned more subtle spots to improve each turn. Then unfortunately when I pushed
just too hard down the back stretch in rough water that I stuffed the nose and the boat
disappeared under the water. Seconds later it popped back up right on it's feet and back
to racing we went after losing only about a 1/4 lap. I completed all 3 heats with-out a scratch.
I had a ball with it and finished 4th overall out of about 20 boats entered.
Not too bad for a box-stock ready to run boat, in some 1st's for both of us !!
I really must thank Darin here publicly as well as complementing him and Pro Boat
on a such terrific offering.
I recommend this "Mystic" highly for anyone in the market for a great Cat or LSO boat.
You will be most happy with the craftsmanship and performance of this great little boat.
Sincerely, :bounce:
Ken Haines
-Member of the Wave Blaster's National Champion Race Team-

tiqueman
10-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Great write up Ken. Unfortunately I was not able to attend the NATS until the last day. But, I do run a Miss G in the LSO class and it too is a fantastic boat. A few changes made to the Mystic that it seems most racing their MG, including myself, have done make the two boats about identical. And did I say fantastic boats! So much fun to drive.

And, did anyone get vids the day LSO ran at the NATS? I think Bill left that day so Id say he didnt get any.

ron1950
10-19-2011, 04:00 PM
your right bill left that day and didnt get any vids.....i remember it welll lol......dont think anyone did except bbill......u might try him he videoed the 4 days