PDA

View Full Version : turnigy or castle 120a esc

pyramid
10-16-2011, 11:06 AM
just wanting to know wich is better i know theres a big price difference and there has been a recall on the hydra esc thanks for any help

Mr Blackwell
10-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Not trying to dodge the question, I went with the Seaking 180 in mine. 100% satisfied. OSE has them in the store. Fast shipping too!!

pyramid
10-18-2011, 11:33 PM
just wondering the price i know theres a 80 dollar difference how about quality differences did somebody steer you in this direction the only reason why i considered the castle 120amp is i have a 450 heli with a cc esc and never any problems well the price i think you can also program the 180 seaking if needed

tiqueman
10-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Everyone I know whos has a castle has had it replaced... at least once. We were just disusing the other day why castle marine escs get such good hype. I know I would never buy one. Turnigy/ Seaking all the way. Ive got 5 120s and only had one fail.. and it was clearly my fault. And for the price, you cant go wrong. Im tired of hearing the ol "you get what you pay for" With that said, Turnigy/ Seaking, you wont be dissapointed. or up your headroom and go 180 as Blackwell suggested. OSE, Kintec and FC all have them state side. Grab from them and support your local USA dealers.

tiqueman
10-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh and Ive heard that as well. Castles are amazing in the air. Im convinced they dont belong in a boat. Ben (FC) has some other escs as well you might look into in that amp range

Just noticed your pretty new on here. Welcome. and FC is Fightercat racing. get on his website, sign up and enjoy. Hes got all kindsa good stuff coming out controller wise

Mr Blackwell
10-19-2011, 10:30 PM
just wondering the price i know theres a 80 dollar difference how about quality differences did somebody steer you in this direction the only reason why i considered the castle 120amp is i have a 450 heli with a cc esc and never any problems well the price i think you can also program the 180 seaking if needed

Pyramid, just as tique said I felt the extra headroom would be "insurance" so to speak. The programmer was extra $, but not much. Like having the flexability of programming.

Make-a-Wake
10-19-2011, 10:42 PM
T120's Rock, and are darn near bulletproof.

Diesel6401
10-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I myself am a HUGE Hobbywing esc fan, those goes for air, land and sea. They all work great and are awesome values. I do own castle esc's and have had them fail and replaced like mentioned, my only seaking failure was a 120 and 100% my fault i pushed it way to hard. I am though a very big castle motor fan.. HUGE motor fan, but when it comes to esc's I actually trust hobbywings more.