PDA

View Full Version : Longer turn fin........tighter turn???

ejimbo4
10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I have a Impulse31 that I have gutted and rebuilding and I am just wondering if I put longer turn fins than the stock ones would that give me a tighter turn? I am new to FE boats and I love my Impulse31. I ended up with a second hull and hardware so I gutted the second and I am going to CF the inside,new power system and paint job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jamespl
10-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure about the turning ability of a longer turn fin but if it's longer the chances are it will be constantly in the water or moreso in the water than the stock ones creating more drag. I don't profess to be an expert though just my opinion.

Diegoboy
10-12-2011, 05:30 PM
If you want the tightest turn possible, take off the turn fins. The boat will spin out in a turn and it doesn't get any tighter than that.

I don't have your model, but can you adjust the rudder throw on your transmitter? Increasing your throw will help in turning.

ejimbo4
10-12-2011, 05:48 PM
All right I will try adjusting the rudder throw on the Impulse I have up and running. Like I said I am new to the boat thing but got addicted just as quick as my trucks!Thanx for the quick response

Diegoboy
10-12-2011, 05:58 PM
No problem. Update us with the results please!!