PDA

View Full Version : What is inside the hull of the Motley Crew?

Barbossa
10-10-2011, 09:25 AM
As I am sure everyone else has, my MC has had many rolls, flips and tumbles and has quite a few scars to prove it. There are many hair line cracks in the surface of the hull, and I have repaired the hatch several times. My last blow over was quite big and now I have something loose on the inside of the hull toward the front. It sounds like a loose piece of foam or some sort of buoyancy rattling around in there.

Has anyone been inside the MC hull? What is in there? How can I fix my loose piece of something? :confused2:

Howard
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
sorry I had to say it. :doh:

bruce5385
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM
yes its foam square piece

siberianhusky
10-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Drill a small hole on the front wall of the inside and pour a bit of epoxy in, then hope it catches hold of the foam. Or a bigger hole and you can be sure.
LOL Sadly I think all the band members are still around.
I can't wait to paint my boat! Even a 15 year old kid we run with thinks it's cheesy! We were all laughing at it again on Saturday!

Barbossa
11-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Well I thought I should finish off my thread.

I cut a hole in the front inside panel and I found two foam blocks rattling around in there. I think they were meant to be glued to the ply wood in each of the sponsons but they came loose. I have attached some photos.

I removed the foam blocks and filled up the front of the hull with two pack expanding foam. I filled it right up to the hole I made in the front panel, and then cut it flat. I covered it with some grey duct tape and you can hardly notice it at all.

Having more weight in the nose of the MC hull greatly improved the handling of my boat. In rougher water if the hull got any air it would almost always blow over; now it actually flies level and lands again upright. I have not really noticed reduction in top speed, but it is more fun to drive now.