PDA

View Full Version : Anybody had any experience with getting an out of warranty MGM compro repaired?

Alexgar
10-09-2011, 04:32 PM
I have one I couldn't get to arm and as I was trying the bec went out that also runs cooling fans so I pulled the red wire and fed it through a rx pack but it still won't arm I was thinkng it needs service
My radios were flysky 2.4 and a tatic if you know how to help me arm it or have a good experience with servicing one lmk

Alexgar
10-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Forgot the esc is the 160-25 3s

David Kingston
10-09-2011, 05:02 PM
It might be the end points on the transmitter. I have one MGM that won't arm on my spektrum dx3r or dx3r prop unless the travel/end points of the transmitter are set to 150 (max)

The other 3 arm fine.

Red wire must be in if opto Esc. The dont work.

Are u getting spark from Esc when plugging it in?
Does the Esc beep at all?

If it does need to go back to MGM then it will tale about 2 months. I have sent one back and brought another direct through them and no issues. Only reason I sent it back was to fit extra caps after I killed then when pushed to hard once.

Hope u get it going

Dave

Alexgar
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
It beeps and goes into programming but the card prg card won't work and I have the 18 pg manual but I was hoping I was overlooking something

Alexgar
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I also have a etti Opto 150 I need to send in to and was trying to send which ever could get back faster and cheaper

David Kingston
10-09-2011, 08:49 PM
If when plugged in it just beeps continous then it's the transmitter settings

Try max them out. On my spektrum it's 150. Usually throttle is 100%
go figure I don't know why this one of 4 needs it.

Turn transmitter on
Turn on rx power
Full throttle on transmitter
Plug in main battery to Esc
It should beep
Release trigger
Should beep again

Esc set
Sometimes it might need to be put in full reverse but it just depends

The program card is useful but I do use it until throttle settings are done.

Try that

Dave

Alexgar
10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Just tried with both radios it beeps and lights up about every 2 seconds the manual says waiting for neutral

m4a1usr
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I have one I couldn't get to arm and as I was trying the bec went out that also runs cooling fans so I pulled the red wire and fed it through a rx pack but it still won't arm I was thinkng it needs service
My radios were flysky 2.4 and a tatic if you know how to help me arm it or have a good experience with servicing one lmk

Send it to them without worry. I have only had to send one out of my many MGM's, but my situation was close to yours except that it was a used speedo I purchased off Ebay and got burned from the seller. It was junk right from the start. I sent it in to the repair dept via express air mail with a signature required and a letter with a sob story. I never heard a word from them, even though after 4 or 5 weeks I was begining to wonder. Anyways, it took close to 3 mos for them to repair it. But it cost me nothing, other then the shipping costs. It came back looking new and is still working perfectly today. I am like most of us FE types, buying and selling parts. But I have only sold 1 MGM speedo in the last 7 years I have been using them. Few speedos IMO are any where as good as an MGM. I would love to try their new monster speedos. Send it in. You will be happy with their service unless something has changed of late.

John

Alexgar
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks John mine came with a boat that said it beeped but they didn't have a motor to try it with but it only beeps with motor so they were selling as is and knew it was broke and covering the behind if they told me it was broke would bought it 50 cheaper so I got kinda burned but I'll send it in and get this in a boat and next my etti will get serviced work is picking up and I'd love to have two new escs for to fall/winter builds looking for a under 32" cat and hydro

drwayne
10-10-2011, 08:13 PM
MGM are great to deal with.
Email for an RA, and send.

Do the 'friendly' thing and include something relevant to your location/state..
I sent 4 postcards & book on AU fauna/flora ( around $10 the lot )
Turnaround for the repair was 19! days.. and I received equal 'extras' back.

m.dvorsky at mgm-compro.com

MGM compro, Martin Dvorsky
Sv. Cecha 593
76001 Zlin
Czech Republic

It is also very important to write on the package "speed controller for repair, no commercial value".