03-23-2008, 12:29 AM
SUPERVEE 27

Currently Running:
Stock motor
Replaced the stock ESC with a OEMRC HV 100amp for insurance and future motors
Custom copper tubing for motor cooling

Future components:
Electrifly ammo 2300kv

Let me know what you are running. Any suggestions for more speed would help since i am kind of a newbie.

Mich. Maniac
03-23-2008, 04:50 PM
A prop is always an obvious upgrade, adjustable trim tabs are easy and a nice feature, "not always needed though". Battery selection is another place to start for longer more consistent run times meaning upgrading to liPo packs. there are many many upgrades and for what they are all worth thats up to you., I would even upgrade the motor and batt. connectors as to get less resistance.
My SV setup is a pretty common right now, feigao 8xl, 120A cooled esc, adjustable trim tabs, 45mm carbon prop, 14.8V 3750MAh lipox2 in parellel. I run an Novak HV bec and futaba fm tx. hope that throws something at ya. I almost think the ammo motor might be better sometimes than the 8xl. not sure yet

supervee1981
03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
great stuff you got there. I am running lipo's as well in parallel. 2 Hecell 25C 4000mah. I run a 45mm CF prop. The rest of the setup is above. I also pretty much have the trim tabs dialed in. Rudder half way in to the transom. Drive shaft nuetral. Only gettin 33-34mph. I cant wait to get a ammo 2300kv. Hope its a big difference compared to a 1700kv.

stock is 14.8v x 1700kv = 25,160 rpm
ammo 14.8v x 2300kv = 34,040 rpm <----Can't wait to try!!!

I will have to prop down to a 40-42mm prop since the amps will rise. I dunno will see.

supervee1981
03-26-2008, 12:12 AM
has anyone ever tried this motor off of ebay? Its only 30.00 bucks. its a 540 size that will drop into the supervee. Im not sure the quality of the magnets though.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t94/bfggamer81/3fd7_1.jpg

36mm X 52mm

Shaft diameter: 5mm X length: 12mm

KV: 2300

Electirc regulator: 45A

Voltage range: 9.6-18V

No load current: 2.8

weight: 225g

Limit currency (60/60S): 57

Max Frequency (W/60S): 400

supervee1981
03-26-2008, 12:13 AM
i might try it. If i fry it oh well at least i can post the bad things about it. Temp, speed, etc..

Mich. Maniac
03-26-2008, 12:21 AM
check the diff. between the length of the stator or can length. you will be over amping the esc again with that one. its meant for large heli's or a boat about 17" in length weighing about 4 pounds ready to go,, I wouldnt even think about it but its not my money...

Mich. Maniac
03-26-2008, 12:25 AM
the difference here for 8xl feigao.. you can see there is more to the advantage of this motor for torque and quality. buying from Steven here gives you advantages as well as incase a bad product were to happen to appear. ebay guys usually make you loose money.
Motor Specs:
6-24 cells in a medium to large sized mono or hydro.
35.8mm dia x 75mm long
5mm Output Shaft. Use 5mm Couplers.
372 grams
50,000 rpm bearings!
Aluminum Purple Anodized Casing
2-Pole Neo Magnets & Compressed Windings

SweetAccord
03-26-2008, 09:40 AM
"ebay guys usually make you loose money." <- That is a nice way to say stay away from e-bay supervee1981.

When it's too good to be true. . . . . . it usually is! Even if it is true, you get what you pay for, and for $30.00 plus shipping $8.00, you should save your money and get a better motor like an AMMO that won't fall apart. Not being sure about the magnets tells you don't purchase.

Buy from Offshore and you will be better off. Many e-bay products are cheap copies of other brands. The one you found looks like a copy of a Fegiao. I've seen these before and have heard of ok results. What you don't hear is from the time of the post are they still working and running strong 6 months later? Stay with the AMMO, their ratings are more "true" and you will get the results you paid for. Also, it's been stated that some of these don't even work out of the box, dead on arrival. So you are taking a chance on it, but it's up to you.

As for e-bay in general, I stopped buying on e-bay for another reason cause there is too much fraud going on and little protection even though they tell you there is protection. Wait till you get frauded and call Pay Pal for assistance, see what if anything what you get. Been there, it's not fun. My friends have been there, not fun. Spoke to people deep inside management at Pay Pal, not fun. The kicker is Pay Pal don't tell you the truth how it all works until it happens. It's not the first time I have hear or seen of this, I'm sure it's not the last but that was all a year ago, don't know about now.

supervee1981
03-26-2008, 09:53 AM
well thanx guys. i figured there are possibilities and i am almost sure it is a ''too good to be true'' type of a deal. i will have to get a ammo.

im new to offshore and only have been on here for a couple of months. who is steve....does he sell motors.......

SweetAccord
03-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Steve is the owner, nice and honest. A little history: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/about.php

Yes he sells motors. Go to the Home page and on the left side see the like for motors or link: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=42

The AMMO is in stock, get them while you can, I have safely purchased from Offshore with no issues. The shipping is fast too!

supervee1981
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM
oh ok i thought steve was another steve selling motors in some other boating site. i have bought already lots of stuff from ose already like grease, props, cooling stuff. thanx for the help sweetaccord.

supervee1981
03-28-2008, 11:17 AM
sorry for the ebay experience. i have been ebay'n since 02. i have 194 for feedback and all positive. i use paypal on a regular basis but have not been ripped of ''yet''. i have heard of fraud and poor customer service, i just havent been that unlucky yet.

anyways for the ammo...i will be purchasing one soon. i hope i dont have any problems with the stock esc and running 4000mah 20c lipo's adding up to 4s.

RCprince
03-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I've used those motors...I tried the 3300 kv their magnet(there magnet resembles a feigao magnet chrome like finish) is 2-3 times as powerful as ammo's I actually had both, the ammo 3300 and OK 3300kv and removed the rotor from the OK motor and placed it in the ammo can. the other difference is the shaft is a little shorter than the ammo's shaft also. The guy who I bought those from on ebay is a pretty cool chat we chatted a few times shipping was standard priority. Most if not all of these motors are clones of some sort.