PDA

View Full Version : Comments about the rules , post here

roadrashracing
10-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Not sure if there was a thread started or where it should be posted. Just looking for what other people think. Ipersonally think it should be changed. If you have a question pm the seller, not tieing the item up from someone else.

5. The first reply post that shows intent to buy pending more information in the thread (NOT via PM) is first in line to buy the item.
** BUT ** If the sellers item description indicates otherwise, the sellers rule takes precedence

Fluid
10-09-2011, 02:12 PM
This Swap Shop Rule was put in place for a very good reason. Many forums - this one included - have had too many problems and hurt feelings over "secret" offers and communications, who posted first, etc. Having everything open and above board is the best way to handle it. I doubt you'll get much support for changing the rule based on the history of this site - this is Steven's private site and his rule. My suggestion is - if you don't like the rules then sell on another site.

LarrysDrifter
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree. Pm's are a hassle and should not be sent during a sale unless its for only paypal address's or other forms of payment the public needs not to see.

Diegoboy
10-10-2011, 10:26 PM
If you go to the local walmart, and the person in front of you at the checkout has the very last of this item you wanted...
This person left his wallet in his car, and will be going to the parking lot to get his funds, Is it right for you to snatch the item from the checkout and pay for it while he/she is in the parking lot getting money??

If you answer "yes" to this question, shame on you

siberianhusky
10-11-2011, 07:45 AM
IMO it's the first one to pony up the cash, not the first one to say PM sent or whatever, Many people claim they'll buy something then 24 hours later the seller is still waiting for money or a response.
Money talks BS walks.

Diegoboy
10-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Well Mark, I guess if you're on your way to the checkout line and you pass someone with another shopping cart heading to the back of the store with a few items in it; I guess it's okay for you to take things out of their cart since you're going to be the first to pony up the cash? One day, you'll be on the other side of this situation and we'll see where you stand then.

eboat
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Also there is one person that keeps saying sold pending more info and then a day or two later says no
Either you should say I would like more info OR I will take it with the info that is in the ad

Diegoboy
10-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Rule #5

It's up to the SELLER!

5. The first reply post that shows intent to buy pending more information in the thread (NOT via PM) is first in line to buy the item.
** BUT ** If the sellers item description indicates otherwise, the sellers rule takes precedence

siberianhusky
10-12-2011, 07:23 AM
I have been on the other side of the situation on this forum, I said I'd buy something and got called into work, I couldn't get back to my computer until the next morning. The guy tried to reach me but I wasn't available so it was sold to somebody else, I apologized to the guy and explained what happened and told him no hard feelings it was my fault. SOmetimes you win sometimes you lose. It would be different if this was an actual retail store and not a swap shop for guys to get rid of stuff they no longer want. Kinda like a RC boat garage sale.
I don't think the analogy of a grocery store can be applied to a private sale over the internet, one you're just to lazy to get the stuff off the shelves yourself, the other you're just ready to make a better deal or pay up for that second hand part. Especially if it's posted on a number of forums and yes this happens. What happens if it sells on RCG just before somebody posts they want it on OSE? Should the RCG sale be cancelled because the OSE sale takes precedence?
Just because you call somebody about a used car does that mean they can't sell it to the guy coming to see it just before you, or the guy who happened to be driving down the road and saw it, or heard about the car from a buddy at work?
These are private sales, what next have ose broker all deals?

Diegoboy
10-12-2011, 07:40 AM
...and that's why the comment that it's up to the seller (not the next in line buyer)