PDA

View Full Version : steeped mono v deep vee

sampit
10-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Hi,
Looking at buying a new mono hull for 50 mph + spend more than two weeks trying to make a decision losing sleep thinking about it!
i have bought to many boats in the past hopefully can get it right this time with a bit of help

short listed

either a DF Cyberstorm or an Etti Exiga

what's is the main difference between a stepped hull and vee hull?

I will be using an Leopard 4074 1400kv on 6s

running conditions will be a bit choppy as winter is on us, the exiga has a flood chamber so will save me the hasle with flip overs
not to sure what happens when a vee hull flips over do the self right due the weight distrbution
not for any competition just fun
thanks in advance

martin
10-09-2011, 08:07 AM
The v hull will be more stable in the rough than the stepped, Also v hulls of this size wont self right with weight distribution. You would need to build a flood chamber in to get self righting. You can get mini boats to self right with weight distribution + an offset air chamber in the hatch but because of the weight of everything in larger boats that virtually immposible to do without a flood chamber. Most use a rescue dinghy or an rc rescue boat. You could look at the Toysport hulls if you want a larger hull that selfrights as they have a chamber already fitted. But their expensive hulls.

sampit
10-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Thanks Martin
is the Cyberstorm a better hull than a DF 29 for a 6s setup?

Fluid
10-10-2011, 07:57 AM
IMO a 29" mono hull is too small for 6S and 50+ mph speeds unless you run only on very flat water. The 33" DF hull will be better all around.

sampit
10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
DF Cyberstorm it is then!

thanks fluid
could i use a FC 3640 1760KV outrunner, i have one spare could be fun, or should i stick with the Leopard 4074 1400kv

martin
10-10-2011, 03:03 PM
1760kv outrunner would be better suited to 5s, Leopard is fine on 6s. Martin.