PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember writing this?

Chenige
10-08-2011, 08:09 PM
The "electrofied" model was designed by a member of our club, and runs really fast on smooth water. The 17-turn motors can be used, and with a prop like the x435 or x438 will give good speed with decent run times. You 'can' go to a 14-turn motor, but the run time will be short and kids may have trouble handling the speed. For kids I wouldn't use a more
potent motor than the 17-turn, and a 19-turn wouldn't be too slow.

For more speed, set the motor timing to 3/16" advance, and use an Octura 1435 propeller. This will take a short length of 3/16" OD brass tubing to shim the prop. This prop will load the motor more, and make it noticeably faster. Other things to try are heavier springs, and hard brushes. Make sure that you lube the flex cable each day with some waterproof grease. Hope this helps you.

Fluid
10-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes.

Chenige
10-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Gotta thank you again for advice long ago. Do not know if you are following but I am now building the 4 Electrified's with the kids. Still have the Jet Arrows if you recall those.

Fluid
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I do recall the Jet Arrows. The Electrified was a good hull in the 05 brushed motor days with round cells, don't know how well it will run with BL and LiPos.