PDA

View Full Version : HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel TX newbie question

Fabs
10-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Hi all,

Ok have a HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel TX and a receiver I have used before with this tx I cannot get the steer servo to work.

If I adjust the trim on the tx for steer the servo moves. " this would prove that tx and rx work fine along with servo "

If I use the wheel to navigate the tx menu the wheel works and moves menu options. " this would prove that tx wheel is working and not at fault either "

Yet if I use the steering wheel on TX the steer servo does not move at all nothing happens.

Ummm yeah help me someone please .... lol

Thank you in advance
Fabian

JonD
10-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Fabian,

That is weird :confused2: I have a Flyskay GT3B and receiver and that I have been using quite successfully for the past 6 months on an E-Maxx Monster Truck , and recently also on my Genesis cat.

The stock GT3B certainly does have some "idiosyncrasies" ( e.g. exponential rate operation problem) that can be fixed by a firmware upgrade, but what you describe is not one of the known issues, to my knowledge.

If you have no luck with suggestions here, try this extensive GT3B thread on the forum http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/394162-flysky-gt3b-transmitter.html and ask your question there. The GTS3B seems to have generated quite a "cult" following in some circles - probably beacause of it's very low price, and it's ability for the firmware to be customised and improved upon.

Cheers,

Jon

desmobob
10-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I just got my new GT3B today and the basic functions work fine. The Tx still has the well-documented exponential problem where expo programmed to a channel only works in one direction and has the opposite effect in the other direction! [ie: negative steering expo gives negative expo when turning right, but positive expo when turning left.] The hacks and firmware updates available on-line should remedy that....

Hey... you get what you pay for! ;-)

Take it easy,
desmobob

Bigbore
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Fabian,

That is weird :confused2: I have a Flyskay GT3B and receiver and that I have been using quite successfully for the past 6 months on an E-Maxx Monster Truck , and recently also on my Genesis cat.

The stock GT3B certainly does have some "idiosyncrasies" ( e.g. exponential rate operation problem) that can be fixed by a firmware upgrade, but what you describe is not one of the known issues, to my knowledge.

If you have no luck with suggestions here, try this extensive GT3B thread on the forum http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/394162-flysky-gt3b-transmitter.html and ask your question there. The GTS3B seems to have generated quite a "cult" following in some circles - probably beacause of it's very low price, and it's ability for the firmware to be customised and improved upon.

Cheers,

Jon

I have two of these radios, one for my Titan 29" and another one for the rescue boat. I think that these radios are super for the price you pay.
How is possible to update the firmware?

Fabs
10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Thanks JonD posted on rctechnet and was dual rate down to 0 that was the issue by the looks all working now thanks again, Fabian

oscarel
10-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I have two of these radios, one for my Titan 29" and another one for the rescue boat. I think that these radios are super for the price you pay.
How is possible to update the firmware?

See post #2 http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/538922-flysky-gt3b-hack-tech-thread.html