PDA

View Full Version : Firts run on new impulse:(

G-UNIT
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok, place the batterys in and bound the rx no problems there also hooked the program card up and set it to high timing, no problems there.
Put the boat in the water and hit the throttle, boat got on plane nicely but it would stop past half throttle, release the trigger and go again and it dies same thing, cuts out at half to alittle over half throttle,
I know I have read this some where in these post but can't find it,can someone help out on this one thanks.

dana
10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
What kinda batteries?

roadrashracing
10-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Lipo cut off on? To high?

G-UNIT
10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
flight max 40c, 2x2s1p
cut off voltage is set to high, I'll switch it to low next time out and see what happens.
any other ideas let me know thanks.

roadrashracing
10-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I have not noticed a big difference between running the high and low timing.

G-UNIT
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Not the timing but the voltage cut off,
The instructions say that on high timing you get 20% more power out of the batterys, low timing, the boat goes alittle slower till you get used to the way it handles.

roadrashracing
10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
you need to have the throttle curve set to linear

Heres what I run:

ni-mh
low cutoff voltage
cutoff idle
brake off
inrunner timing
linear throttle curve.

G-UNIT
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM
roadrashing, I also have a blackjack 26 so I'm no stranger with the program card and I'm running lipos not ni-mh and everything is set for lipos.
timing set to high
brake off
voltage cut off to high, which I'll set to low and see what happens.
and slow down
linear.

their are allot of posts in the black jack section and a bunch of things I can try even to go as far as unpluging the battery and holding the trigger as you plug the batterys back up and then get your sieries of beeps, which I get anyway when reprograming the esc so we'll just half to see what transpires and if all works i'll post the results, I'm sure this happened to some folks out there but have yet had a chance to see this post.
may be the esc did not except the changes and i'll just try again, but I'm sure it took, confermined by one beep.

Jpope
10-04-2011, 03:30 PM
G-UNIT, are you running the stock motor and esc or have you upgraded yours?? Not that it matters in your case, just know from reading your stuff on here you dont keep anything stock for long. I got two of the impulse 31s and havent had any issues yet with the stock stuff.

G-UNIT
10-04-2011, 03:39 PM
All stock, just changed out the deans w/5.5 bullets

G-UNIT
10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Well I changed the voltage cut off to low and reprogramed the esc, also befor I turned it on I turned the throttle control counter clockwise to about the 9:00 position and the turned on the esc.
took the boat out and It worked out ok, I can go full throttle and it does not cut off.
I do believe my batterys are on there last legs cause its just not that fast, same as when I used these batterys on my UL-1.
I could try running 5s just to see the difference but I'm sure the batterys are done, but know I have a :) .
it is working.
A few more weeks and I'll have enough $$$ saved to get new batts and a few spare esc.
Thanks for the help.
G.