PDA

View Full Version : Missing thread/motor requirement...

pmisuinas
10-02-2011, 08:03 AM
I have a couple of 44" hydro hulls I would like to see mid-50s out of, so need the appropriate motor/cell combo. Thinking 8s-10s (or could be 12s), but motor used for most part will decide that. They were built with nitro in mind so will need to mod accordingly but that is not a concern, pretty sure I can manage that--but not the motor selection, or at least not likely the first time.

So what setups are people using for this size boat (1/8, I guess)? What has given good performance for you and in what size hydro? Surely there are some out there :-)

Thanks...Pete M

PS--did find the thread about motor/hull sizes, I thought it was sticky'd so it would stay on top?

pmisuinas
10-05-2011, 07:11 AM
No one? Surely there have to be some recommendations out there...

Steven Vaccaro
10-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Post some interior pictures so we can see how much space you have.There are many ways to go this. You could run 8s and a leopard 5692 or neu 1527 motor or even 2215.

pmisuinas
10-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Sure, can do. What I have is a Dumas Circus Circus and then a second hull that will be a Winston Eagle (don't know if it's a kit or was scratched). Pictures show the current condition, but as noted I am prepared to modify as needed to suit installation. Obviously the Circus Circus is going to have quite a bit done to the interior...spabe between rails is about 5", meant to measure this morning and forgot. but that is close, I am sure.

pmisuinas
10-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Rest of Winston Eagle hull pics. Will also need requisite hardware for this one as well...

pmisuinas
10-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Gee,I have not known this group to be so reluctant to offer suggestions...was it something I said?

Fluid
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Change your deodorant! :scared:

Seriously, since there is no scale for the photos, we can't tell how much room you actually have; looks pretty cramped to me. How much do you want to spend on the power setup? I assume sport/fun running. I'd recommend 10S and a motor with a Kv between 750 and 900. A Castle 2028 would work, a Leopard 5692 might work, a Scorpion 4035 might too. If you only have room for 1P then 50-55 mph is probably tops if you want much runtime.

pmisuinas
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi, I appreciate your response and will be happy to add more info if it will help. Not at home right now but am pretty sure the space between rails is 5", and interior length is 25+ inches. I also have a Dremel tool and a willingness to use it. 50-55 mph would be more than satisfactory for my purposes, I am not looking to race the boats (at least not now). I fully expect I will need to do some mods to the Circus Circus boat, the Winston Eagle as it is still under construction will be much easier. I was planning at least a 2p setup for the Eagle with battery packs in each sponson.

As for price, well, I can't say money is no object but I am also aware you get what you pay for. I have been perusing the threads and the Leopard 5692 and Castle 2028 seem to be popular with this size boat (44" hull legth). I like the idea of a Scorpion, I fly those in my acft and really like them--and it wouldn't bother me to put an outrunner in the boats. At least this give me a starting point...Pete M