PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever have a cc1515 2200kv grenade

stadiumyamaha
10-02-2011, 12:45 AM
went to run my impulse last Sunday when it went 50yrds and stopped. Thought it was a reciever prob so started walking closer pulling the trigger when the taped hatch blew off 3 feet high and then the smoke. After a few minutes the boat started to sink but fortunately the foam kept the nose up. Got it back and everything inside was black and the esc was very well done. I thought I had a esc failure but it turns out the motor failed.
im running 4s2p m445 seaking 180a and the first time I ran it nothing was over 110 degrees and the boat ripped.
finally had time to start putting it back together after scrubbing the hull that was undamaged and found that the receiver was ok but the motor won't spool up just roughly spins slowly. Earlier in the week I spoke to the guys at castle just to see what to do to a motor that spent time under water and they say the way I dried it was cool but at that time I didn't know it wasn't running. It even has good magnetic tension.
It has me stumped. The motor was new when it put it in the impulse.

Fluid
10-02-2011, 01:00 AM
What is the evidence that the motor failed? I'm not saying it didn't, but an ESC failure is far more likely. A bad motor can take out an ESC and vice versa. If the motor spins then it didn't "grenade". A grenaded motor is obvious, the windings are shorted or the rotor is broken. Open it up and look inside, there may be a piece of junk in it between the stator and the rotor.

stadiumyamaha
10-02-2011, 09:17 AM
When I opened up the motor it looks fine so I'm thinking it has a wiring issue. I havent opened the wire end. I think the motor shorted and the took out the esc. I hooked the motor up to another boat with the same setup I had in the impulse and the just roughly spins.
Really strange deal. It's not a normal thing for a cc to go but I think I just got a bad one.