PDA

View Full Version : Horizon's customer service now sux

roadrashracing
10-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I have owned many proboats in the past, if I had a problem wih in a few weeks of buying it, the would send me a new part right away. It ranged from flex shafts, to diffenent electronic parts. Well today I was driving my impulse less then a month old and maybe 5-6 packs ran. It just stopped working and pulled it in and smoke was all over. I called horizon and the first person I taked to said my battereis casued my failure, because I used the wrong one, well I said that they are the same battereis, ive used in anyother proboat I had with out issue, 2 six cell stick packs if you ask. He told me I could go to any hobbyshop and pick on up and be running today yet, how many hobbyshops carry pb speedcontrols in stock? Bassiclly told me that every part of the boat is warrentied till it hits the water, once you run it nothing is covered. Called again and basiicly got the same warrenty speech.

slowride
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Wow, that sucks...Im very happy with my MG.and I haven't needed Pro Boat customer service (lucky) , but the customer service at Traxxas has been great.

roadrashracing
10-01-2011, 06:10 PM
This boat has really casued me a lot of problems, and seems once it leaves the hobbyshop your problems are not their problems.

lenny
10-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I hear hatch suck and the gel coat is cracking on it and on the hull to,:thumbdown:
You need to go up the ladder, It should all be warrantied.:nono:
Call customer service and ask for corporate office phone number,:sneaky2:
And then get their names and see if they pucker up to you.:hug1:

Sound like traxxas spartan blame the customer for their defected products.:cursing:

:iagree:Look on the posts you are not the only one !

Griff
10-01-2011, 07:37 PM
got to say Horizon in the UK is the same, emailed them about my flex breaking on my Stiletto, they told me I no warranty and I couldn't buy one as they don't have any, ended up buying a couple of the OSE upgrades

BBQSteve
10-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Not sure which Horizon Hobbies you all are going through, but I have a Proboat waterproof marine ESC that was allowing the motor to continue running and not the radio at low voltage. Called Horizon and I got a new one two days later, no questions asked.

BBQSteve

desmobob
10-02-2011, 01:29 PM
My personal experiences with Horizon Hobby's customer/warranty service have been absolutely outstanding. No complaints here... I hope you get your situation straightened out!

Take it easy,
desmobob

roadrashracing
10-02-2011, 01:59 PM
They have been great for me in the past to but this time something just changed.

ejimbo4
10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
My Impulse31 is my first boat and I received mine with a hole up in the front of the stuffing tube that just allowed water to flow in. I took a few pics and as soon as they got a hull in they sent it to me! It was a little used but in great shape and came with hardware! I have since fixed my new hull and am now deciding what to put in the second for a power plant! Horizons customer service is actually all I expected as a consumer and someone that has been into RC trucks for a few years and understands RC product support! Thanks Horizon! And I have to say that for a RTR I am nothing but totally sucked into the FE Boat addiction!

roadrashracing
10-03-2011, 12:31 AM
I guess what really made me made was: "You cna go to any hobbyshop and get one and be running by this afternoon". How many hobbyshops carry something like an esc?

roadrashracing
10-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Had my final straw today, they pretty much blamed the problem on me, becasue I did not use enough c rating for batteries. I told I was using venom, he told need me that the boat needs 50 c rating to run. The way it sounds, if you don't use the dynaite lipos, you arer screwed. Also said the warranty is done once the boat hits the water.

Griff
10-12-2011, 09:05 AM
well I tried again to get some spares for my stiletto, HH UK had no spares so I thought maybe the US side could help out, they just forwarded the email to the UK office and I got this reply

Dear Sir , your e-mail to our USA offices was forwarded to Horizon Hobby to answer.

The part you require along with other Proboat parts is on order with our USA offices, as soon as they are available they will be sent to us .

We have regular weekly orders arrive here from the USA., as soon as the parts arrive, any orders are fulfilled and dispatched to model retailer.

I am sorry for this delay but we will dispatch as soon as available.

Don't you think that when you bring a product out, you should have the spares in place to back up the customer? notice they say that other pro boat parts are on order so looks like to me the whole UK proboat spares lineup is pretty poor think this will be my first and last proboat

martin
10-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I know its a pain when they dont have spares in stock when you need them especially in the UK but hopefully they will have some soon.Just as well you never had an Aquacraft boat in the UK as Ripmax the UK importer stocks no spares at all & wont order them either as its not their stock items. When i looked at getting a Aquacraft UL1 i asked Ripmax what happens when i need say a new flex they told me i would have to order myself from the US as they didnt sell them.

driftah
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
yet another reason to buy separate parts off steve here and build it yourself lol.That way the quality goes up ,you have some support,and the supplier is decent about seeking warranty for you.I am not a fan of rtr they are good to me as starters only as they usually fail faster under heavy use and are a pain to get parts for.ose has tons of aftermarket gear to get you going faster...especially if you are in the usa.

martin
10-12-2011, 06:00 PM
The problem ive found when your in the UK & have to order from the US is the delivery time + a number of things ive bought the shipping cost has been nearly as much as the cost of the item itself. Also by the time you factor in import duty & vat at 20% + shipping it makes the items very expensive indeed. You have to love the tax system in the UK.

ron1950
10-13-2011, 12:22 AM
i had heard that horizon customer service was starting to sound like hobby king but havent had any dealings with them. i try to stay away from there boats any more......i will say i had good luck with my old geigo though

Griff
10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
well after some emails to the us and uk horizon people this is what is going to happen, Horizon UK have ordered the parts for my Stiletto, when they arrive from the US at Horizon UK the parts will be posted to my local hobby store where I can then go and pick them up, what a stupid system why not let me just order from the US horizon store??? Oh yeah sorry that would be too simple, Oh boy, I just want to get my boat running before the really cold weather hits.

Donny
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Horizon did right by me. My esc on my Impulse 26 stopped working correctly after about a month. I only had full throttle and no reverse. I emailed support and the said as a 1 time gesture they would replace my esc. It showed up and unfortunately it was the wrong esc. It was for a dual battery brushless setup. I finally called them and they shipped out the correct esc. The support person said it would cost them too much to have me send back the wrong esc, so they said keep it. I am very happy with them.