PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass composit

G-UNIT
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
This boat says its fiberglass composit,now the hull is fiberglass and the top or deck like a stiff plastic? because mine seems to be all fiberglass, the only weak spot is the deck at the decals, the hatch looks to be fiberglass and is very ridged.
did they make a change or is it I'm not getting the composit(spelling) part right.
also how is the stearing rod on most impulses, mine is not lined up very well with the boot.no real biggie just wondering but the hatch seems very ridged( good thing).

G-UNIT
10-01-2011, 11:07 PM
At you darin

veejo
01-15-2012, 11:14 AM
it's a composite of fibre glass (the mesh) and resin (either polyester or epoxy ...... polyester I'd say to save costs) to saturate the mesh.

It's a terrminology issue ..... the hull and deck are fibre glass. It seems flimsy becasue they don't use many sheets of fibre glass ...... I'd be happy to pay the extra if they did rather than having to beef up sections with fibre glass mat and expoxy resin later.

Stephavee
04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
on my BJ26 the hull started cracking along the seems so i glassed them up with cloth and resin. I want to do the same for my impules before i get any ugly stress crack but how would you get up in the bow? it looks like two part foam was used and is right in the way. Oh and fot the top hatch...I've read that its not as strong as it feels! So before i have to order a new one i'll be glassing that up as well.

G-UNIT
04-11-2012, 03:42 PM
I have had no problems with my hatch but I read that all you need to reinforce is the front and rear corners, I also put more foam in the nose to make a bit more stronger, works ok for me and my boat took a few hard rolls with no problems.