PDA

View Full Version : Is Hobbypartz ran by 14 year olds?

MR2NR
09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
So I get my brand new Gen Ace Roar Lipos today 5000Mah 40c and they come with Deans connectors. When I ordered them in the pic of the batt I see the 4mm Banana adapter that can be removed from the batt. which is what I plan on using. The reason being I can get hold of 4mm bananas very easy. But when I get the packs low and behold they are bananas on one end and Deans on the other. Hmmm I call Hobbypartz and ask them why and for a replacement and she says that the reason I got Deans was my specific Batt size requires it and I will fry the bananas? OK then why do the ROAR Lipos you sell use Banana inputs!!!! In basic electronic resistance knowledge you are only as strong as your weakest point and if your using bananas right off the batt./bat :wink: that would be the most dangerous scenario as you would create the most heat at the battery. I really can't see how Deans are better anyways Are they? Do they really have less resistance and better amp flow than bananas?

Anyways she did say she would ship me the banana adapter but said it would be normal shipping. So I have to wait another week. I just couldn't believe she is telling people that they shipped something that will be dangerous and fry lol!!!!

She also kept restating that they do not ship Gen Ace Batts with any banana plugs. Well that's handy since that's all you can use in the ROAR separate adapter versions.

I know that there are a lot of kids in this industry but cmon!!!!

HobbyPartz has great prices but there customer service lacks in too many ways.

Diesel6401
09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Why not just solder on the connector you want? Would be a lot easier then exchanging and refunding and dealing with customer service. Jmho. I usually never use the plugs that come with any battery I buy anyway. Deans are more standard then 4mm banana plugs, its actually a smart move by them using deans.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

MR2NR
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Oh ya I soldered the whole boat up banana thinking I wouldn't have to do it for this step. I'm not returning the deans that would be ridiculous I just thought I wouldn't have to solder a brand new part. You say Deans is more standard but I can source bananas through twice as many suppliers as Deans :confused:. My ESC uses them, my charger uses them, my stereo even uses them lol. But I have yet to find a good use for Deans except the overpricing. Ya Hobbypartz is OOS on all of them but Radioshack and Monoprice has billions for a lot less than any hobby store lol.

I was just shocked by the reasoning she gave me and seeing if it was in way correct that I was going to "fry" my 4mm on 14V but not with a Deans.

Are you saying it is smart move they go to Deans as a performance advantage or a availability advantage. I really can't see the availability advantage but have not done extensive High Voltage testing on bananas to know if they will fail before a deans. In my mind the bigger and larger contact area the better the connection. Am I wrong?

Diesel6401
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Every hobby shop I have ever been to in this country has mass amounts of deans plugs laying around. Buy a new proboat or aquacraft boat and it comes with deans. Deans ARE more US industry standard!

They given response about the voltage was pretty bad. Most of us boaters don't use banana or deans plugs its all ec5 or 5.5mm bullets or higher.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

NativePaul
09-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Is Hobbypartz ran by 14 year olds?

I think so, and they have probably been held back a few years at school too, the big clue for me was when they failed to spell Hobbyparts correctly when registering the company. Given that you used present tense immediately before and past tense immediately afterwards I gather that they quit while you were typing "hobbypartz" in the thread title, well I'm glad to hear that they have gone, maybe the people that replaced them will correct the blatant spelling error in the name.
:hornets_nest::hide:

dana
09-30-2011, 05:57 PM
What a rant... And what does age have to do with anything? I've met plenty of incompetent fools of ALL ages..

JimClark
09-30-2011, 06:02 PM
You wanted cheap that is what you got

desmobob
09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
So I get my brand new Gen Ace Roar Lipos today 5000Mah 40c and they come with Deans connectors. When I ordered them in the pic of the batt I see the 4mm Banana adapter that can be removed from the batt. which is what I plan on using.

Does anyone use 4mm bananna plugs on anything besides chargers and testers? 4mm bullets, yes, but banannas? You were going to use them on your ESC and batteries?

Take it easy,
desmobob

MR2NR
10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
This was just a review. Not a rant. Just don't think for a minute that Hobbypartz knows what they are talking about.

No I didn't plan on using them on my ESC. It uses them on the motor connections from the factory. BTW ran two 5000Mha in parallel with no issues :). Almost an hour of runtime!!!

HOTWATER
10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
RCLipos.com..................

TheShaughnessy
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
i could have soldered up two batteries with 4mm plugs in the amount of time it took you to type your "review" not to mention the time you took to talk to customer service. Is this a hard pack or soft? Deans are more commonly found on applications from trucks to cars, planes and boats thus a good decision to please as many customers as possible. there is no universal plug. Not even really sure what your complaint is. I don't think my gens ace came with connectors at all, which i prefer anyway, makes putting on my own connectors a little faster. Seems like a pretty small and insignificant issue to make an entire post about.

Boaterguy
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
What a rant... And what does age have to do with anything? I've met plenty of incompetent fools of ALL ages..
Thank you for this.
I'm not going to go into a rant about that right now but I feel i am much more mature (and humble :D) than some adults.
Deans are overpriced, but just like hobbyking you pay twice and spend a little less than paying once and being guaranteed.
Thanks for the heads up, about to order some skylipo's (doesn't matter they're getting 8mm bullets) and hoping they come with deans, i'm a little short.

MR2NR
10-06-2011, 07:11 AM
I think you guys are missing the point. I really didn't want to emphasize the type of connector as much as the reasoning they gave me at HobbyPartz for why they used it.

HOTWATER
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I personally am not missing the point.....RCLipos.com.................You will have NO problems OR worries.....................Done!

JimClark
10-23-2011, 02:25 PM
This one is just not sinking into the poster no need to keep it going