PDA

View Full Version : Legg Lake SAW Trials October 14th, 15th & 16th

RaceMechaniX
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey Guys,

Time for the third and usually the fastest SAW race of the year at Legg Lake in El Monte CA. The dates are October 14th, 15th and 16th from first light to dark.

Anyone is invited Nitro, Gas and Electric, so bring your fastest boats and set a new Straight-A-Way record! :)

Email Mark Grim at mgrim@mindspring.com with your entries, we would like to have a running order list set up before the event. So let us know which boats you are bringing!

I will double check if lunch will be available on these days. Typically we do cook for this last event, but I will post an update when I talk to the Grims.

The entry fee is $10 per class plus a one time $5 lake fee.

If you have any questions about the event of classes, please post here and we'll do our best to answer them.

Tyler

Darin Jordan
09-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Looking forward to it, Tyler!!

Fluid
09-29-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to this event too. It's been three years since I attended a SAW race and I'm jonesin' for some speed! :buttrock::flashfire:

RaceMechaniX
09-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Jay you coming out to join us?

Tyler

Fluid
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Yep, plane tickets purchased, hotel and car reserved, registration e-mailed to Mark. I'll be there!

thomaslambo
09-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the post Tyler, looking forward to the event :smile:

Darin Jordan
09-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Yep, plane tickets purchased, hotel and car reserved, registration e-mailed to Mark. I'll be there!

Jay, Brian was wondering which Hotel you were staying at. We were going to try to stay there, or nearby... Looking forward to meeting you in person! Are you bringing any of the little stuff??

Fluid
09-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi Darin! Brian called last night, I'm staying at the Holliday Inn Express so I can claim to be a Rocket Scientist. 705 San Gabriel Blvd, Rosemead, CA Try booking on Hotels.com, it was a little cheaper than calling the hotel direct. The nearby Motel Six is cheaper but is pretty tacky, too many hookers wandering around at 2AM.

I'm looking forward to meeting you finally too. I'm just bringing stuff for 4S+ offshore.

RaceMechaniX
09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Darin,

Are you and Brian driving down in one shot on Thursday?

Jay, Let us know if you need anything in particular. We should have enough generators, extensions cords, soldering irons, etc and hopefully a spare table.

Tyler

Fluid
09-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks Tyler, I will need a table as one won't fit in my carry-on luggage. If I don't need to bring an extension cord I will leave it home.

RaceMechaniX
09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Jay, A table should not be a problem and I will bring several extension cords and spitters to cover Brian and Darin too.

Tyler

properchopper
10-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Jay, A table should not be a problem and I will bring several extension cords and spitters to cover Brian and Darin too.

Tyler

I'll come up with an extra table, Jay, only if you sign it with your autograph. I PROMISE :cool2: I won't later sell it on E-Bay as "The Table that Jay Turner Used to Set Records" :tiphat:

properchopper
10-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I just got Stephen to agree to loan his table. And Darin, he wants you to sign his Stilletto & Geico....:wink:

TheShaughnessy
10-01-2011, 01:28 PM
this might be one i'll have to come and spectate and meet the one and only, Fluid.

BILL OXIDEAN
10-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Looking forward to a great event. I appreciate everything Seizmic Amigos do to put it on, but the event would be much better if there wasn't a "running list" I miss the days of a line and guys being able to run as many times as they're ready to when they're ready. It would multiply the fun factor by a lot! I'm totally grateful the event exists and I don't by any means want to sound like I don't appreciate the opportunity provided

I used to get like 50 runs lol now I get maybe 12
I also see plenty of time where good water just sits

Just My .02c

Like I said, I love the event and appreciate the opportunity to participate as well as appreciate the club for hosting it.

thomaslambo
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Looking forward to a great event. I appreciate everything Seizmic Amigos do to put it on, but the event would be much better if there wasn't a "running list" I miss the days of a line and guys being able to run as many times as they're ready to when they're ready. It would multiply the fun factor by a lot! I'm totally grateful the event exists and I don't by any means want to sound like I don't appreciate the opportunity provided

I used to get like 50 runs lol now I get maybe 12
I also see plenty of time where good water just sits

Just My .02c

Like I said, I love the event and appreciate the opportunity to participate as well as appreciate the club for hosting it.

Hey Bill,

Congrats on your most recent records :rockon2:

I'm just greatful that Mark and his wife Kim are such great hosts and give so much of their personal time to run these events.

Look forward to seeing your boats run.....and you can stand behind me in the line any time you like :smile:

Boyd

raptor347
10-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I spoke to Mark Grim today. We will have a running order list.

Basically, he said if you don't like the way this event is run and feel that strongly about it, don't come. There are plenty of other events across the country you can attend.

The mixed power event is just run differently than the old FE only event.

BILL OXIDEAN
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
I spoke to Mark Grim today. We will have a running order list.

Basically, he said if you don't like the way this event is run and feel that strongly about it, don't come. There are plenty of other events across the country you can attend.

The mixed power event is just run differently than the old FE only event.

I will be there. It won't take many runs for me to gitterdone :biggrin:
Versatility makes for a great driver. It's not that big of a deal, I was simply making a suggestion.
As I stated I appreciate the opportunity.
And yes, I do like the way its run overall especially the food!

@ Thomas Thanx man! I worked really hard.

Darin Jordan
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Darin,

Are you and Brian driving down in one shot on Thursday?

Tyler... I believe that's the plan... I'm heading to B's house on Wednesday morning. We'll get packed up and hopefully to be a little EARLIER this time, and then I believe the plan is to hit the road around 4:00am...

I'm just bringing small stuff, though I might throw in my Impulse 31 with the super secret sauce, just to see what it can do... We'll see what I have ready to go into the care by then...

thomaslambo
10-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I took a trip out to LL yesterday morning to do a few test runs in preparation for the event.

The weather was perfect and it always amazes how beautiful the venue is and how lucky I am to live so close (20 mins).

Water is very cold now so we won’t have any issues with early morning condensation off the water.

Should be a great event if the rain stays away,

Regards,

Thomas (aka Boyd)

BILL OXIDEAN
10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I took a trip out to LL yesterday morning to do a few test runs in preparation for the event.

The weather was perfect and it always amazes how beautiful the venue is and how lucky I am to live so close (20 mins).

Water is very cold now so we won’t have any issues with early morning condensation off the water.

Should be a great event if the rain stays away,

Regards,

Thomas (aka Boyd)

We should be good as far as weather..
I'll bring some of this northern California sunshine down with me :smile:
Thomas, your enthusiasm and positive attitude is great man.
Lookin' forward to havin' a few laughs with ya' down there.
Puttin' the finishing touches on a few boats myself.

This event will be very competitive and fun..

properchopper
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Jay, just scored a 10 X 10 EZ-Up for you as well as the table. The Dancing Girls were booked, so bring your own :blush:

Fluid
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks Tony, really appreciated! As for the girls - surely Wilmer will have a few cast-offs for me........

Darin Jordan
10-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Jay, I'm heading out in the morning to go hang out at Brian's, then we are leaving on Thursday morning. Looking forward to meeting you!

RaceMechaniX
10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Looks like it's going to be a perfect weekend weather wise. I just have to keep reminding myself not to bring 7 boats down to the lake.

jevmax
10-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Well that changes my plans! If there's going to be no dancing girls, I am not attending after all :(

properchopper
10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Looks like it's going to be a perfect weekend weather wise. I just have to keep reminding myself not to bring 7 boats down to the lake.

Just got back from the lake. Outside temp 99 degrees. Will drop down 10-15 degrees by weekend. Usual midday 3-4 mph wind. Good times (literally, I hope) ahead !

properchopper
10-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Well that changes my plans! If there's going to be no dancing girls, I am not attending after all :(

Jim, just in your honor I booked a Midget Transvestite Accordian-Playing Pole Dancing Troupe. Bring single dollars and camera :thumbup1:

jevmax
10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Maybe I will reconsider! Let me check for a flight :Sinking: