PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know??

Darin Jordan
03-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Did you know?

I didn't know!

How could we?

Did you know that 47 countries' have reestablished their embassies in Iraq ?

Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 new schools are now under construction; and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq ?

Did you know that Iraq 's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have 5 - 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq ' s Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq ? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

BECAUSE OUR MEDIA WON'T TELL US!

Instead of reflecting our love for our country, we get photos of flag burning incidents at Abu Ghraib and people throwing snowballs at the presidential motorcades.

Tragically, the lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves two purposes:

It is intended to undermine the world's perception of the United States thus minimizing consequent support; and it is intended to discourage American citizens.

----
Above facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense web site.

http://www.defenselink.mil/

Did you know?

I didn't know

But I know now.....

.......Pass it on! Give it a Wide Dissemination

OJ racer
03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
That's cool. The media never tells you what they should tell you. I watch the Daily Show instead. If I'm getting the wrong news, it may as well be funny!

Diegoboy
03-21-2008, 07:48 AM
WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

BECAUSE OUR MEDIA WON'T TELL US!

That will all change IF a Dem is in the office. They won't let that credit go unclaimed...
Those :sorry: ß@§†å®Ðš

Steven Vaccaro
03-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Funny how all this politics stuff plays out. Does anyone think that the Rev Wright was an Ace card someone was holding? Obama keeps sticking his foot in his mouth the last few days. He made a very bad stereo type yesterday. I don't consider myself the same typical "white" person that his grand mother is! There's no doubt in my mind that he's a racist wolf in sheep's clothing!

Flying Scotsman
03-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Ah, you Boston lads were never afraid to speak your minds. The Brits still do not understand what all the fuss was about over taxes and tea.

Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Ah, you Boston lads were never afraid to speak your minds. The Brits still do not understand what all the fuss was about over taxes and tea.

Douggie

I think by mouth has more to do with my Armenian heritage than being from Boston.:bounce: Everyone on my Mons side(especially the women) spoke their minds louder than most people talk! Hope my Mon doesn't read this :zip-up:

SJFE
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
The Brits still do not understand what all the fuss was about over taxes and tea.

With as much tea as I drink (over a galon a day) I would have went to war over taxing it too!!!!:rofl:

I happen to agree with Steven in regards to Obama. I am shocked to see how many educated people are takin in by this guy. Personaly my eyes are wide open. I would have liked to have seen Fred Thompson run. I will however vote for John McCain. He is the only option IMO.

Eodman
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Ah nice but ....... Do you know where all that hardware came from?????

Flying Scotsman
03-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I think by mouth has more to do with my Armenian heritage than being from Boston.:bounce: Everyone on my Mons side(especially the women) spoke their minds louder than most people talk! Hope my Mon doesn't read this :zip-up:

Steven you have to meet some Scottish lassies. They are IMO those that will keep many a man on the straight and narrow path in life.

Douggie

SJFE
03-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Ah nice but ....... Do you know where all that hardware came from?????

Yes I do. My tax dollars are providing an education for those children & rebuilding infrastructure. Iraqi’s also know where the money is coming from. If this keep just one of them from becoming an extremist..... It’s money well spent. Unlike allot of people in this country I get it.

Ocean Racer
03-23-2008, 01:20 AM
I believe one of Iraq's news shows i cant remember the name but it is broadcasted from washington and sent to Iraq. All the reporters are Iraq

Ocean Racer
03-23-2008, 01:25 AM
I just remembered its call "Al Jaser"translated the "Free Network" I believe. Im not sure how it is spelled thou.

carsonschaos
03-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Food for thought,

A demoncracy cannot exist as a permanant form of government.
It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.
From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years.
These nations have progressed through the following sequence;
from bondage to spiritual faith;
from spiritual faith to great courage;
from great courage to liberty;
from liberty to abundance;
from abundance to selfishness;
from selfishness to complacency;
from complacency to apathy;
from apathy to dependency;
from dependency back to bondage.

Author Alexander Tyler
Writin over 100 years ago about Athenian Republic.

I hope, we as a nation, are wiser than this, but I'm more than a little concerned.
We are the economic envy of the world, or were anyway.
Reason being, we thought of ourselves as moral and economic leaders and acted accordingly.
Now it seems we need someone to hold our hand in every aspect of our lives.
If the Dems can destroy our economy and self reliance then they have us were they want us.
Reliant on the government for everything we need to survive.
Dependant people acheive nothing.
Haven't we learned that over and over again???

"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" [Dosteovsky's 'Grand Inquisitor']

Sorry but I'll take free self reliance any day.
Something that's being taught and learned in Iraq as we speak.
Something we are forgetting here at home as we speak.
It's sad that my kids may not know the pride of the USA as my father and grandfather did.
Pride for this country is becoming politically incorrect.