PDA

View Full Version : Gel coat cracking

roadrashracing
09-28-2011, 12:01 AM
I have a new proboat and the gel coat seems to crack really easy, is this normal?

driftah
09-28-2011, 12:25 AM
yup all boats seem to sooner or later lol,the more rigid the hull is the less likely it is to flex and crack.hmmm I wonder if they use flex agent in any boat paints.....

roadrashracing
09-28-2011, 12:28 AM
it seems to be around holes and small areas, nothing to worry about?

lenny
09-28-2011, 12:32 AM
No not normal !

Pro boat should warranty it and fix it,
That should not happen to a new boat, I hear the hatch sucks to.

Yes they should be using flex agents in the paint,
But does not look like it.

stadiumyamaha
09-28-2011, 12:45 AM
the hatch does suck

roadrashracing
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Main parts, also one on the bottom, same kind of cracking by the rubber boot, hull is about a month old

lenny
09-28-2011, 01:04 AM
Like i said need to make some calls to pro boat big time !

See what they will do for the buyers. ?

And stand behind there stuff or not.?

driftah
09-28-2011, 01:20 AM
ya contact them is best.even if they replace it which they should it may happen again.I have found that rtr hulls are prone to this issue but the more expensive hulls not so much ie delta force and mhz,aeromarine etc. upon a crash your hull is whacking off some form or shape of water and as we all know water does not compress or forgive much so the hull absorbs it.I hope in your case it may have been poor paint or a weakened hull in those areas...... good luck bro.

roadrashracing
09-28-2011, 01:25 AM
this is my first fiberglass hull new, it did blow over a few times and it has been used, I think I might just be being to picky. I will run it a few more packs and if it gets worst I'll call. I plan on painting during the winter anyway,

martin
09-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Im afraid most hulls ( not just Proboat ) are to thin a lay up.

roadrashracing
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
called horizon, said I could submit but more then likely not becasue I tried to repair it, the crack on the bottom happened last week before all the other gelcoat cracking, so I just caed it.

lenny
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
No!:nono:

Tell them you would like corporates phone number.:tongue_smilie:

And get names of Who you talk to.:bash:

Call corporate and make a stink for bad customer service.:cursing:

In retail your just a number to them till you push some,:glare:

Sounds like traxxas, Blame the customer first then fix the problems.:roflol:

Use your power as a customer with a voice.

roadrashracing
09-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I also sent an e-mail with pics, see if anything happens that way, ran great again today with no more cracks.

roadrashracing
09-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Got a respose back, basiclly I could send it it, it could be covered it could not be, I would have to pay the shipping to bring it there. Just to late in the season and not wanting to be with out a boat, Ill take my chances and hope it does not get worse.

lenny
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
LOL send it in when it cold out and you can not run,
Just make shore you get a claim number now and who you talked to.