PDA

View Full Version : mystic 29 hatch

injected CH3NO2
09-27-2011, 08:13 PM
hi all this is my first post been a member a while but always found the info i needed this is a great website. but i have yet to see a defiant answer about the thickness of the hatch as i know people had problems with the geico hatch breaking so question is is the mystic 29s hatch any thicker? i know it has flotation now but not sure about the thickness could someone please clear this up for me thanks john

stony30
09-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. I don't own the mg so I can't compare them. The hatch to me is a non-issue in my opinion. It doesn't seem at all flimsy if that's your concern.

petej
10-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Pro-Boat support is your best source to ask about the thickness of the hatch.
I had the Miss Geico, flipped it many times at speed and it never cracked.

roadrashracing
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Are your hatchs fiberglass? I seen a mystic today and it had a plastic hatch.

ray schrauwen
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
If you run in cold water it will crack eventually. From what I have seen they are the same thickness & material.

petej
10-09-2011, 09:07 PM
My Miss Geico had a fiberglass hatch.

desmobob
10-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Mine already has a small crack just ahead of where the grab loops are in the rear. I built up the area a bit with some J.B. Weld as I had to mix up a batch to re-attach one of those little grab loops... it pulled out of the hatch. This winter, when I blueprint the hull, I'll also add a layer of 'glass to the inside of the hatch.

Take it easy,
desmobob