PDA

View Full Version : Genesis pulls Right????

Shaun78
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
I might post in swap shop, im not a tinkerer, I like to just run them and I want to try something new anyways. here the situation, my Genesis runs 60+ mph all the time. I have the 2 piece 4mm shaft setup and i blew the rear prop shaft. I changed the strut with new bushings,prop shaft and remounted stuffing tube in same spot. Now it runs ok but when i punch it it pulls Rt(not torque roll, just steers wicked RT only at W.O.T and will top out at low 40's. when i hit throttle the teflon liner spins a little for a second but nothing seems binding and it all feels lined up nicely... I messed around again and same result. Now i put in a new liner and a stuffing tube, havent tried yet but liner spins when i punch it a little then stops. Water Test tomorrow. Any ideas, it has to be something dumb as it ran over 60 mph all the time.

JPriami
09-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Just to clarify, you also replaced the whole stuffing tube from motor to strut as well?

JPriami
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Pics might help too

Shaun78
09-28-2011, 06:05 AM
I didn't at first but I did last night....everything is new now,even the flex cable. I haven't run her yet since the new stuffing tube was mounted but maybe today I will get too. Just found it weird that my genesis was my boat that ran awesome and all I did was change the rear strut and now it pulls rt and won't run like before. I did have to remove stuffing tube to cut old strut because it was stuck, but I feel I mounted it exactly as before. Hope I'll have good luck today.

Shaun78
09-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Still pulls to the right, I think the new strut was bad. The rear shaft had some resistance when I spun it and I figured it needed to breakin. Who knows

lenny
09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Take some pictures of it, so we can look at it.

Boaterguy
09-28-2011, 09:25 PM
did you change anything other than the driveline? including the prop.

Shaun78
09-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Nope, unless maybe the strut bushings need to break in. It's going in the swap shop forsale. Time for a new project.

JPriami
09-29-2011, 04:07 PM
You should just fix it and keep it. :)

JonD
09-30-2011, 03:15 AM
The rear shaft had some resistance when I spun it and I figured it needed to breakin. Who knows

My original two piece Genesis shaft that came with the boat had two slight manufacturing problems that caused it to bind slightly (i.e. some resistance) in the strut. The machined radius where it steps from the 4mm diameter to the larger dia was "too radiused" which caused it to bind in the bearing, in the vicinity of the radius. Also, the shaft was slightly eccentric and the larger diameter section was rubbing on the inside of the stuffing tube. I bought a new shaft and that was fine - no resistance or binding.

Jon

Alfa Spirit
09-30-2011, 04:13 AM
You only need a 3/16" strut like Octura' s, a flex adapter 4mm to 3/16" and a 3/16" drive shaft