PDA

View Full Version : Hydro sponson tip weight

siberianhusky
09-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Opinions on if I should evenly divide the weight between both sponson tips or load up the inside sponson?
I haven't glued the deck on yet but the full mock up shows I have to have the batts as far forwards as possible to get the cg in the ball park. I'm going to add lead so I can get some adjustability of the CG forwards and back by moving the packs.
I have tons of room to go back but no more room up front! Not enough height.
New scratch build project should be on the water next weekend!
Cheers

detox
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
The lefthand sponson needs more weight than the righthand sponson (how much I do not know). This will prevent lefthand sponson from lifting while accellerating hard out of turns. A heavier boat is a more stable boat.

Boaterguy
09-26-2011, 10:05 PM
The lefthand sponson needs more weight than the righthand sponson (how much I do not know). This will prevent lefthand sponson from lifting while accellerating hard out of turns. A heavier boat is a more stable boat.
what he said
some people do this by putting cells on one side and esc/servo/radio on the other, I did 2S on one side and 3S on the other and it seemed pretty balanced.

siberianhusky
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks detox I know people have gone both ways, Just have to decide on how much. I'll err on the side of caution and use stick on tire weights if I need more. Tight fit under the front deck for batteries.