PDA

View Full Version : Fc anti spark capacator installation

RIPFENCE
09-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi guys,

i purchased the fc 200 amp marine 17s esc..as many of you know it has a really cool antispark lead that is preinstalled..i am going to try the esc later on 10s2p..i would like to get the antispark hooked up properly..could someone explain what i need to do? I also purchased the antispark kit that ben sells but i think the resistor is installed underneath the shrink wrap on the antispark lead already...do i just solder the antispark lead to the negative side of my capacator and then solder the positive side of the capacator to the positive battery lead on the esc? I will post a couple of pics in a few minutes...

I also sent a message to ben but i hate to bother him

thanks guys

RIPFENCE
09-25-2011, 01:14 PM

here is what i got

m4a1usr
09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Normally if you are adding caps or a cap, you attach it to the battery leads on your esc. A capacitor is a parallel device for our purposes. From the 3rd pic it certainly looks like the resistor is under the heat shrink. All that should be required to complete is connect that loose black wire to your battery connector (neg). But I did notice you are using 2 males on the ESC? So you run 2 females on your batteries? That can allow for crossed wired connections if not paying close attention. Maybe Ben thinks the extra cap should be wired along with the factory caps on the ESC? Just my 2 cents.

John

RIPFENCE
09-25-2011, 04:00 PM
John you are right...the extra capacator is not needed...and yes i do run males and i am extremely careful when connecting..the capacator did not come with the esc and was purchased seperately...i will solder the lead to the negative and go from there...thanks john for the help..ben was helpful too as always..props to you both!!!!lol