PDA

View Full Version : First run.

kendt
09-24-2011, 01:05 PM
A good outing this am. First run of the wildthing proved a big success. Have a few water issues to resolve but it absolutely flies and handles amazing. Def a good design for anyone looking for a winter build. No accidents had so all in all it was a fun outing.

siberianhusky
09-24-2011, 03:33 PM
That thing flies! That was a great first set of runs! Congrats.
Hope to do it again next weekend, maybe I'll have the new hydro done, went to the hobby shop and picked up some brass and 4-40 push rod stuff.
Nice angle on the picture, my TX hides the repaired sponson on the Crew.
Think I may have to build a 32" Wildthing this winter, I love my .12 nitro one. I have a 600 sized 2000kv outrunner already, I'd run it on 4s2p, I'll be running 4s packs in my tunnel and big hydro anyway.
Be nice if the guy who stopped by shows up next week with his 7.5 nitro stuff. A couple more regulars and we have a club!

kendt
09-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Im glad I didnt bother with the headache of adding strakes. There aint enough of the boat touching water to need them....:roflol:

kendt
09-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I just did a test and realized the 360 water fittings on my motor jacket leak. I was suspicious of them when I put the jacket on. IS this a common issue with these fittings or is it rare??

johnmaclean
09-24-2011, 08:17 PM
My only experience with that type of fitting was on acooling jacket from Kintec Racing. I used it on the 36/56 Turnigy motor and didn't have a single issue with leakage. Unfortunately it didn't fit on the UL-1 motor that replaced the Turnigy so I opted for the big silicone jacket that Jan recommended from Kintec Racing. . . He was out of stock with the others. The silicone one is not real pretty but it does the job.

Woah! I thought my sv27 was fast when I first got it. Of course the only thing I had to compare it with prior to that was a Proboat Mini-V. Then I thought siberianhusky's Motley Crew was fast. . . Now. . . they both seem pretty slow compared to that Wildthing . . . that is of course if it can be tamed enough to make t to the end of a race. . . LOL.

Great build, bud.