PDA

View Full Version : Scams

Diesel6401
09-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Why must people be so low and purposly try to scam others. Thiefs and scammers are lowest of low kind of people to me. I found this add on craigslist by accident (clicked the wrong area) and found this: http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/ele/2579288797.html so my response was this http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tag/2614076578.html

LarrysDrifter
09-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Good eye, Dale!!

Diesel6401
09-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Good eye, Dale!!

Thanks...

Maybe I'm old school to think that you should actually treat people the way you would like to be treated....

LarrysDrifter
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Nothing old school about that. Its called respect.

Fluid
09-24-2011, 06:36 AM
There is another way to look at this. Lots of people have no idea there is a HobbyKing selling receivers - they will never get the $10 deal. Far more folks buy off eBay and are more likely to see this guy's ad. If they buy from this guy, they still save a bunch over retail. So the guy, in spite of the cheezy text, is actually saving folks money while feeding his family. Doesn't sound so bad when you look at the entire picture. This kind of thing happens in print ads as well as on the 'net. I'd not get so upset about it, but that's just me.

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 01:13 PM
There is another way to look at this. Lots of people have no idea there is a HobbyKing selling receivers - they will never get the $10 deal. Far more folks buy off eBay and are more likely to see this guy's ad. If they buy from this guy, they still save a bunch over retail. So the guy, in spite of the cheezy text, is actually saving folks money while feeding his family. Doesn't sound so bad when you look at the entire picture. This kind of thing happens in print ads as well as on the 'net. I'd not get so upset about it, but that's just me.

Good point of as always and I respect your views as always, I just know that if it was me I would not feel right about charging someone 3x the price of a product. That's just me. I just think there are other ways of going about things and no matter how sugar coated or innocent it seems I think that charging someone triple the amount is just greedy... Thats just my opinon. I would never think about doing that to someone and if I did buy that from someone thinking it was a spektrum radio as it's listed and i received a $10 knockoff i would be down right pissed!

drwayne
09-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Ive had this discussion ( arguement) with LHS.

How in heck can they sell a ebay Chinese dealers rudder for 99 when on ebay its 28.95 inc post(8.50) .. % off in bulk ?
From same Chinese dealer on ebay I bought 3x rudder assemblies, 5x5mm water nipples, 5x4mm water nipples, 5xlarge bore water outlets, 5xss 3/16 dogs for$102 .. delivered !!!

Is this LHS a scam, or common business behavior ?
Sadly, it seems option 2 is more prevalent.
However, the LHS that offer service and support are my preference.. even if that 0.50c item is now 1.25.

DocW

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 07:09 PM
My LHS sells Turnigy batteries in common flight pack sizes (3s 1300-2200mah), and he only charges a small mark up over there actual value. He's only making say $5-$10 (depending on battery), per item. I think that's great and I chose to buy batteries its nice to be able to go to the lhs and grab some turnigy packs and not have to wait for HK to deliver. Marks up are needed for profit, but attempting to "rape" people is outta control in my mind.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk