PDA

View Full Version : pro boat f1

mountains
09-23-2011, 06:22 AM
whats the knurled nut at the rear of the boat for? i overturned it and thought it might be a drain but it wont undo.

Darin Jordan
09-23-2011, 10:23 AM
It's a drain plug... it just pulls out (not threaded)...

Hopefully you won't need to use it too often! If water is getting in there, I'd work on sealing up all possible sources...

mountains
09-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Darin. Ill pull it a bit harder had my first overturn yesterday took on quite a bit of water despite extensive taping. !st time out yesterday love the boat. little bit disappointed that the paint is cracking and small signs of crazing around the holes where the canpoy slides in

Darin Jordan
09-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks Darin. Ill pull it a bit harder had my first overturn yesterday took on quite a bit of water despite extensive taping. !st time out yesterday love the boat. little bit disappointed that the paint is cracking and small signs of crazing around the holes where the canpoy slides in

The paint they use on these things seems to be "hard", and doesn't seem to like to flex too much. It is what it is... wish we had some control over that.

To keep water out, there are some things you can do...

1) Squirt some marine grease inside of all of the pushrod/wire rubber boots.
2) Force some Clear RTV into the threaded holes for the cowl locks. Put some grease on the cowl screws and thread them in, then remove them to press the silicone away from the threads. Hopefully, this will seal these holes.
3) I made a new battery cover for mine out of a piece of 1/16 ply. You could use G10, or a piece of sheet of some kind as well. It's easier to tape down the flat surface.