PDA

View Full Version : spektrum rm200?

stadiumyamaha
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
ive used the mr3000 in several boats but have never used the mr200. Do they work as well? They are a lot less expensive and i don't need the third channel

Diesel6401
09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
ive used the mr3000 in several boats but have never used the mr200. Do they work as well? They are a lot less expensive and i don't need the third channel

I use them all the time. I have more of them then the mr3000 (cost reasons like you mentioned), they work just the same.. AWESOME!

stadiumyamaha
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Sweet! What I wanted to hear from some one I trust. Thanks

Darin Jordan
09-23-2011, 10:26 AM
I use the MR200's all the time... both ESCs are equally fantastic!

Diesel6401
09-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Sweet! What I wanted to hear from some one I trust. Thanks

:thumbup1:

I use the MR200's all the time... both ESCs are equally fantastic!

Darin you hitting the bottle or something!?! :laugh:

stadiumyamaha
09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
what's a good reasonable radio that I can run several models on?

stadiumyamaha
09-23-2011, 10:42 PM
what's a reasonable radio that will run several of the spektrum Mr receivers and easy to program? What are you using diesel?

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 01:18 AM
what's a reasonable radio that will run several of the spektrum Mr receivers and easy to program? What are you using diesel?

I use a dx3s http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMR3140. I LOVE that radio. The new dx3c looks bada$$ though http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM3300

G1ST
09-24-2011, 01:34 AM
+1 I love my DX3S.
I do wish receivers were cheaper though.

stadiumyamaha
09-24-2011, 09:14 AM
That's the two I was looking at. I think the c is all I need and for the money a good deal. Thanks guys.

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 01:08 PM
That's the two I was looking at. I think the c is all I need and for the money a good deal. Thanks guys.

Has double the model memory of a dx3s. I think its a nice radio. If it was out before the i got my dx3s i would have def considered it.

martin
09-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Diesel on the Spektrum radios do you bind any amount of rx to the 1 tx even if the tx dosnt have a memory facility or does the memory recognise each rx. As ive been told by some model stores that if the tx dosnt have a memory facility you should bind each rx each time you use a different model. Martin.

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Diesel on the Spektrum radios do you bind any amount of rx to the 1 tx even if the tx dosnt have a memory facility or does the memory recognise each rx. As ive been told by some model stores that if the tx dosnt have a memory facility you should bind each rx each time you use a different model. Martin.

Depends on the radio. Example the stock 2.4 radio that comes with the miss geico can not handle multiple binds so you have to re-bind each rx prior to use, but the tactic 2.4s you can bind any number of rx's without having to re-bind prior to each run. Both are 2.4 and do not have model memory but they work differently. On my dx3s I have no clue, I do know that the rx is bound to a specfic channel meaning if I first bind to model memory 1 if I want to use that same rx in a different setup and a different model memory say number 2 I have to rebind it to memory 2. You can have a bunch of rx bound to 1 model memory, but you need to rebind each time I think each model memory only recognizes 1 rx per memory. Hopefully that makes some sense and answers your question.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

martin
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Yes that makes sense,Its just that in the UK we have some cheapish Chinese radios as does everywhere else that have no memory but a lot bind multiple rx to 1 tx & they all seem to work ok without rebinding when they change to a diff model,Ive done this myself but have been told by a number of sources you shoulnt do it this way. Having had a boat lose steering & hit the bank & 50-60mph im now getting a radio with memory which will be a Spectrum. Martin.

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Yes that makes sense,Its just that in the UK we have some cheapish Chinese radios as does everywhere else that have no memory but a lot bind multiple rx to 1 tx & they all seem to work ok without rebinding when they change to a diff model,Ive done this myself but have been told by a number of sources you shoulnt do it this way. Having had a boat lose steering & hit the bank & 50-60mph im now getting a radio with memory which will be a Spectrum. Martin.

I think you will be very please with the Spektrum products I have 3 of there radios and that's all i use. I have a Dx3s, dx5e and a dx6i and would like a dx7s or dx8 but im broke as a joke lol...

martin
09-24-2011, 06:45 PM
I prefer stick tx so was looking at the DX5e Or DX6i, Is the DX6i the better choice because of the memory.

Diesel6401
09-24-2011, 07:01 PM
I prefer stick tx so was looking at the DX5e Or DX6i, Is the DX6i the better choice because of the memory.

Not only memory but its fully digital and provides a lot of programming features which the dx5 doesn't provide any. The dx6I is night and day compared to a dx5e. IMHO the dx6I is the best bang for your buck when it comes to stick radios!

Darin Jordan
09-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Not only memory but its fully digital and provides a lot of programming features which the dx5 doesn't provide any. The dx6I is night and day compared to a dx5e. IMHO the dx6I is the best bang for your buck when it comes to stick radios!

Diesel said it... You'll be happier with the DX6I. You'll have the added benefit with a stick radio of being able to run the Castle ICE controllers without needing a Pistix or to do odd things with the trims to get them to run....