PDA

View Full Version : Water cooling tubing

Mattwarner
09-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I have a kyosho twinstorm and had to do some modding to get the flow of water working well, I recently upgraded to traxxas Titan brushed motors and brought some new tubing as the stock was a little too short to work with, the new tubing has a very slightly smaller I.D and I am therefore wondering whether this will restrict the water flow?

monojeff
09-21-2011, 03:14 AM
What kind of tubing did you get?
Typically nitro style fuel tubing is what most people use.
I have seen some use regular tygon fuel tubing also and have been told that works fine as well.
I prefer the nitro fuel tubing most hobby stores carry it in a variety of colors.

Mattwarner
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Its rubber hosing which my local hobby shop provided, i did ask what i should be using and initially picked up some fuel hose but it was quite stiff and they recommended i used it. Just wondered whether a smaller ID has much effect or whether its all down to the pressure from the pick up.

m4a1usr
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
You can always use the silicone tubing found at your local Pet Smart or similar store that stocks fish tank supplies. Its not the nice 100% silicone stuff like we are used to but its better than tygon tubing and its cheap. I know a few of us have been using it with great success for years.

John

monojeff
09-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Run it see how it does.
Keep an eye on it run it about 60 seconds and bring it in and see how cool things are if flow seams good out the outlet you will probably be fine.