PDA

View Full Version : Opinion please

Eodman
09-13-2011, 08:12 PM
If you built a MM whith the same hardware & electronics as the Miss Gieco which would be the better boat?

Fluid
09-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Define "better". Faster? Handles better? Looks better? Oval races better? What are your goals?

Eodman
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Well as far as looks I am throw back guy so I like the MM looks! No racing pond bashing with my sons! Speed and handling curiosty, son has been talking about building something!

Fluid
09-14-2011, 10:29 AM
The "regular" MeanMachine (not the water-damaged versions) are heavier than the Geico, but the same motor/ESC should work. I suspect that the MM would handle better, don't know about top speeds. A club member built an LSO with a water-damaged MM and it ran very well with SV27 power.

sigelitest
09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
I have had two mean machine hulls. The first one had stress cracks in the bottom of the hull before I started to build it and the seams were rough. Half of it rests at the bottom of the pond after 2 runs of around 60 mph, it came apart after a flip in the air. I was trying to get it dialed in. I figured I got a bad one so I ordered another one. This one has the upper half of the nose chipped off and a half inch crack in it. Not sure if I even want to build it. I just got it today. I got a delta force cat and it is extremely nice, very well made. Hope this helps.

ecoovert
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Never had a Mean Machine but I hear it's a good hull. I do have 2 Miss Geicos with 4082 2200kv motors in them. My latest run with one of my Miss Geicos was with a 4082 2200kv motor on 6s turning an x 645 prop. She handled very well even at W.O.T. Everything came back below 100 degrees and the speed was over 80mph. I've also seen Mean Machines do some amazing things as well. By the way, you can buy an M.G. hull with hardware installed for under $200. Picked up my second M.G. that way for $150. Since I already had a radio and knew I was going to install way more power than the rtr. version comes with. That seemed like a better idea to me and I ended up saving myself nearly $180 rather than gutting a rtr. boat. The hull comes ready to slide the prop shaft in and install the electronics. It also comes with the hatch and sub hatch.

If you decide to put a large motor such as a 4082 in the MG. I'd add support to the rear of the motor. I added a motor ring to support the rear of the motor in addition to the stock motor mount. I've been told you don't have to but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Rumdog
01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
lol