PDA

View Full Version : Hk Osprey or Hk Vanquish?

jkr
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone.
Recently got a cc1717 and i think that is a nice hull for sport-salt water use hull.
We all know tha the Vanquish is the clone of the Osprey and i want your advice.
Which one?

martin
09-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Their have been discussions of these 2 boats before & the Vanquish was not as good as the Osprey,Issues with hardware not as good a quality & issues with the hardware fitting to the hull. Tabs fitted to low that hung below the hull, stinger fitted to low & worst of all bad warping in the hull bottom.

martin
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Speak with Diesel6401 on this forum, I seem to remember he had the Vanquish & found lots of problems that he wasnt happy with & sold it & i think he then bought an Osprey which was much better i believe. Martin.

jkr
09-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Many thanks Martin.

Diesel6401
09-16-2011, 06:54 PM
OSPREY OSPREY OSPREY... Like Martin mentioned I had nothing but problems with the Vanquish. I was one of the first buyers when the hull was released (they have actually raised the price since), and it was a nightmare. Hardware was garabage and installed all wrong and not set true, hull was amazingly thin and i couldn't get it to run right for the life of me. I had to almost remount all the hardware laid FG all in the insides and it still ran like crap. I switched the motor/esc I had to the Osprey and it runs like a dream. The hardware is good, I changed the drive cable to a .187 3/16 flexshaft, removed the stock motor mount and trays reinforced the servo and stuffing tube, added a wicked mount with a CC1717 and Ice 240 esc and she is a dream on the water with 6s2p. One of my favorite boats. I was missing a small bolt on the strut but was able to buy one from a micro hardware seller for a few bucks. I think it fell off in the box and I threw the box away. Great hull! The motor that the artr came with is a leopard 4074 2200kv, awesome AWESOME motor just don't run it in the Osprey it's way to small for a hull that size.