PDA

View Full Version : batt help

hammertime
04-25-2007, 07:35 PM
well now my water problem is fixed....no glitching in the radio anymore...... i also removed the sv system and put the quannum drive motor in with a towerpro 70a esc.....ran great on 14 cells not as fast as the sv motor on 14 though.... what would cause my batts to get real hott..... they werent too hott i dont think but they were pretty warm..... my y harness is kinda big would that cause that....its like 10 inches of wire.....i know pulling too many amps can cause heat but the motor speed control were not hardly warm???

Mich. Maniac
04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
If you Do not have to run that long of a battery lead then for sure trim it up. I have run into same trouble. just too much resistance. if you must use that long of a lead use a heavier wire. thats what I did. and its just wire and connectors. cheap place to start.

hammertime
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
ok yea i can cut aaaaaa lot off soo i hope thats what was causing it!

sjslhill
04-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Are they welded tab packs?

hammertime
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
they are electrifly 3000mah 7 cell packs....however they come stock

sjslhill
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Those tabs are .9 milliohms per, that's the reason they are getting hot. Also, if you run the pack down too low you can get heat as well. However, you always want leads as short as possible. Soldered on bars are low as .07 milliohms per bar.

hammertime
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
ok ill cut off as much of the wire as i can from my y harness...and if they still get hot ill change to bars..... thanks for the help much appreciated

sjslhill
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Assuming that you have end to end cells, there are nickel tabs inbetween each cell as well.

thanks,
Steve

ok ill cut off as much of the wire as i can from my y harness...and if they still get hot ill change to bars..... thanks for the help much appreciated