PDA

View Full Version : copyrights usage on videos ???

steamboatbob
09-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi Guys,

real tricky question i want to put out there

i found out trolling through the internet that a shop has copied a video that i posted on you tube put it into their photobucket account and used it on their website for selling the boat.

I was a little pissed off that they have done this to say the least as it was done without my knowledge and also semi glad that they used one of my vids

but should i ask them to remove the video totally or just tell them to use the video that i posted on you tube

and yes this is about the R2 hobbies outrigger just with a few stickers thrown in

shop link
http://www.tobsd.com/ViewDetails.aspx?ProductID=67

my you tube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se7itO4ixfM

but im at a bit of a problem as i dont really understand how to get them to remove the videos as a copyright

any help would be appreciated

the thing i love about this is that in the video he is showing there was hardly any stock hardware except the rudder and strut

drwayne
09-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Id contact photobucket where his copy is hosted, and complain he has 'stolen' your original/personal video... and use the youtube link as proof positive.

gfreaks used one of mine ( df33).. a direct link from youtube.. I edited it to say something honest ( yes, I am cruel ) about gfreaks.. who removed it soon after.

best of luck

edited: just found this .
Wayne

How to Report Copyright/Trademark Infringement
Published 08/25/2011 01:30 PM | Updated 08/25/2011 04:11 PM

How do I report copyright infringement or stolen artwork? Someone posted my images without permission.

Photobucket respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. Photobucket will respond expeditiously to fully completed notices of alleged infringement that are reported to Photobucket's Designated Copyright Agent.

You can find the notices with instructions located at: http://photobucket.com/copyright

Please complete the appropriate notice and email it to us: abuse@photobucket.com

Fluid
09-14-2011, 08:47 AM
The problem with the above is that the Photobucket (and YouTube) policies protect victims who own copyrighted material posted illegally on Photobucket by others. If you post a video of a funny TV advertisement, you are probably violating the copyright owner's rights.

AFAIK you do not have copyright protection just because you posted a video online. Google for example owns the rights to any video you post on YouTube. Off-site users have to get permission from Google to link to YouTube - not from you. In general, folks are allowed to embed public YouTube videos on any site...

I'm not a lawyer but I'm gonna sleep in a Holliday Inn Express next month.....

steamboatbob
09-14-2011, 09:24 AM
so all in all there is not much i can really do about it but bitch and moan and add a watermark to any future movies I post on Youtube

bbill1
09-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Why do you care if he used your video. I mean really... Whats the big deal? It's not hurting you financially, and there is nothing proprietary about it.