PDA

View Full Version : Obama the worst president ever ?

Flying Scotsman
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
What do you guys think of this twit and his latest plan to save jobs in the USA.

Douggie

sailr
09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
At least it's a plan. What do the Republicans have to offer? NOTHING!

detox
09-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Can't
Understand
Normal
Thinking

T.S.Davis
09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Sometimes I wish we could dig a hole and push DC into it. Can't trust any of them bastards. What?!......I can dream.

m4a1usr
09-09-2011, 01:22 PM
What do you guys think of this twit and his latest plan to save jobs in the USA.

Douggie

He's desperate Douggie. Plain and simple. Theres only 14 months to go before the next election and he has a dismal record, so to try and attempt a re election bid he is going to have to dig deep. This is but one idea he has to get behind. The jobs issue here in the states in numero uno to the grass roots folks. He cant do whats right for America. His puppet masters wont let him. Too bad because even though I would never vote for him, I actually think he is a caring President. Under the right conditions, this guy could have shined bright. He just took charge of a sinking ship without the right knowledge or experience to bring home the bacon.

But I took notice in his speech last night how he repeatedly mentioned taking this new package of his to the "People" around the country. Sound like re election dribble? You bet your news polls it was. This is his last shot at proving his worth. He has to stay in the headlines in a positive spin. This will get him by for awhile as he has the blame card to still play.

John

Flying Scotsman
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I had great hope for this man but he, well fell off the rails...an orator..yes ....a president NO

Douggie

dmwilson09
09-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Everytime the Republicans have a plan, it get shot down because the democrats think its to extreme and a month or five down the road something finally gets passed that does not come close to the original plan. One day America will learn that you are going to have to step on a few toes to get something done that will better America. (Ex. - Republicans wanted to reform welfare, medicaid, and some other entitlement programs in the last debt bill, programs that kill our budget every year and the dems wanted nothing to do with it. Why, was it to extreme or do the dems know that if a bill like that gets passed, many of their constituents may be effected. Many of their voters will have to get off the couch and find a job because that check isnt coming anymore and heaven forbid if that ever happens.) Seems like today, we are to worried about hurting someones feelings vs. putting together a plan that might do some good.

Eodman
09-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Not for nothing - I don't think he's done a good job! But who makes the laws ----- there's 250 some other clowns in DC that can't/Won't work as team either!

Me - come election time my vote is going to anyone that is not an incumbent! Rookies can't screw it up any worse than the present a**holes have!

murphy3428
09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Time to clean house ALL OF THEM NEED TO GO........

sanyijr
09-09-2011, 02:14 PM
545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

sanyijr
09-09-2011, 02:44 PM

Douggie

Douggie, Now I understand why you pose this question. You want to know how many jobs the US will be moving to Canada as part of the New Jobs Plan. I would think Canadians are thrilled. The Chinease sure are! :doh:

Or is this just too much of a low blow.

Flying Scotsman
09-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Well, we will welcome your technical and other skills but not your politicians , as they can all jump into the Boston harbour.

Douggie

sailr
09-09-2011, 04:17 PM
nice comment. typical

sailr
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Anyone who pays attention to Charlie Reese has poop for brains!

545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Flying Scotsman
09-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Douggie beeing Douggie and I trust that no animals were hurt in this discourse.

Love you all

Douggie

detox
09-09-2011, 05:10 PM
This tread has been locked.

sanyijr
09-09-2011, 05:37 PM
This tread has been locked.

What do you mean locked? Editted for sure.....

Yikes Sailr, what's with the name calling? I was actually trying to point out things I thought most people could agree with.... Just trying to be light hearted.

sanyijr
09-09-2011, 05:39 PM

Douggie

Douggie, you testing the proven fact of what happens when you throw a lit match on a puddle of gasoline by chance? It still goes:flashfire:

Jacked1
09-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Well I just lost $2500 bucks today because the airforce is cutting spending so they are taking away my tuition assistance I have been working 40 hours a week for all summer. Didn't he say something about wanting more engineers last night? All the STEP students in the Air Force Reasearch Lab are also losing their jobs pretty soon.

Is welfare getting cut at all? I might need to go beg for money in the poor neighborhoods in order to pay for school.

ilovethis
09-09-2011, 10:02 PM
can anybody remember g w bush when Obama came to office the state was messed up all ready he was trying to fix thing's so he's not fully the blame

m4a1usr
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Well I just lost $2500 bucks today because the airforce is cutting spending so they are taking away my tuition assistance I have been working 40 hours a week for all summer. Didn't he say something about wanting more engineers last night? All the STEP students in the Air Force Reasearch Lab are also losing their jobs pretty soon.

Is welfare getting cut at all? I might need to go beg for money in the poor neighborhoods in order to pay for school.

I hope you dont have to stoop to that level. But you are right. The cuts are not going to be fair if they truely are appearent to most of us. My job has been blessed but a recent addition of young Engineering students like yourself, who bring better learning practices, better engineering tools and current technology as well as new blood to the dieing herd of us old timers who have been in place now for decades without any interns to train and pass on the "corporate knowledge". We need you far more then you need us. You want a career. We need to pass on the experience we gained when dollars where good and we had time and staffing to gain what we have as people.

What bothers me most about Obamas latest jobs proposal is he wants to extend the employee tax contribution. Yes folks. Thats our social security retirement fund taking it in the shorts! But wait. It gets better. Last time (earlier this year) Obama just cut 2% out of the 6.2% self contributed SS benefits. Now he want not only your 3.1% contribution but your employers 3.1% contibution as well. So you young guys listen carefully.

This dipstick is cheating you out of your future retirement benefits by reducing member AND employer contributions. By 50% in todays dollars. Who knows what the hell that will be in 40 or 50 years? My guesstimate is something like 250 to 300% when you compound the interest over decades. What is this idiot doing to the average worker? Is he so blind by power he doesnt care about us lowly dirty low lifes who count on some form of federal assistance in our last few years of hanging on to these mortal coils?

John

dana
09-09-2011, 11:53 PM
you dont get a bad hamburger at Mcdonalds, and blame ronald mcdonald.

m4a1usr
09-10-2011, 08:23 AM
you dont get a bad hamburger at Mcdonalds, and blame ronald mcdonald.

Maybe I'm taking your comment out of context, and I appologize if thats true but Barack Obama is the cook, who is making my burger, he is adding my lettuce/toppings/wrapping on what I paid for. SO if your anology is as I surmise. He is at fault for the quality of the burger I wanted and did not deliver. He has no right to screw my children or my grandchildren. His failure to predict the future economic trends that are obvious to even a 10th grade level educated minor (yes I am being generous considering academic and regional requirements of our nations education systems) demonstrate he wants quick fixes to satisfy those attentive only to their I-Phone, or Blackberry, or I-pad or whatever electronic devices America has strapped to their intellictual arses on a regular schedule for their "reality check" of the day.

Who gathers bonofide/accurate/acceptable decision making information off a mobile device that can have profound/ serious effects based upon 20 or 30 seconds of button pushing acceptance of data? Didnt we teach unbiased research in some form or manner in the early education of our chlidren? Or did they gleefully quit making sober, honest, rational decisions because (like lab rats) they became ingrained to accept a certain manner to which information was passed along? Media is part of the problem. And Obummer knows this. How the hell do you think he got elected the first time. Dont you remember his words? "We have greater information in our hands today then ever before. Use it".

Now leap forward to today. What did you get with that perfect, unbiased, foolproof, self promoting verbal diarrea spouted by liars? Take a lesson off what happened. Dont let them con you again. Obama wants to invigorate our America again. His testiment of "lets join forces and move forward in making a better America". His words echoeing, We cannot be divided. We can make it better if we all get onboard.

A failed prophecy cannot recover. My gawd America! His ability and actions have already been demonstrated. Dont go quitely into that night. Vote more along the lines against the 2 party system. Both the Rep's and Dem's dont care about us low lifes. They create the problems that divide us. Toss all the idiots out!

John

Flying Scotsman
09-11-2011, 01:45 AM
I have great admiraion for many of your citizens, but you have also a mad bunch of idots. You are a great country..... keep it that way with commen sense in your daily endeavours.

Douggie

sjslhill
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Solyndra is the company of the year for Obama........

m4a1usr
09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Solyndra is the company of the year for Obama........

Yeah. To the tune of 535,000.00 dollars left for the American Taxpayer to absorb. A half a BILLION dollars down the drain for one of his buddies to "make his dream" come true. Another fleecing of America by the Elite.

John

RCKong
09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
LOOK !!! OBAMA was handed the keys to the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. The republican leadership drove us of the cliff with made up wars, letting wall street do whatever they want,and Oil Co's do what ever they want .Now we are asking for more of the same ITS CRAZY !!! I would not hire Rick Perry for a used car salesman job, let alone Pres, but yet here he is the leading rep for president... SAD every time the economy starts to get better, the oil Co's. jack up the price of fuel - for no real reason - and kill any hopes of small biz doing any hiring. Small biz is the heart and soul of the US economy, and revolves around fuel and shipping usually. Any would be profits go right into Big oils pocket crushing any chance for a recovery. Over 80,000,000,000 in record profits to big oil last quarter, while the economy flounders, and the rich can't be rich enough according to the republicans. Why can't the rich pay their fair share ?

RCK

sjslhill
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I got a suggestion as to why jobs are down........do this.
Add up all the taxes that you pay, here are some of mine
23% on cell phone bill
6% sales tax
state income tax
county occupational tax
library tax
county property tax on cars and home (schools)
city property tax
ss tax
cable tax
internet access tax
gasoline tax
capital gains tax
death tax
taxes when you stay at the hotel
taxes on car and home insurance

Before people were living on added money from the housing bubble and now it's gone.
We are taxed to death people and have nothing left to buy with, it's just that simple

The wars are stupid, not drilling for oil here is stupid. We have natural gas. Wind and Sun energy when it makes sense, running it on tax money is stupid.

Schools and public workers have been promised the universe for retirement and benefits and no money was saved to pay for it. Now us others have to pay for ours and re-pay for theirs all over again. You can't have people retiring when they are 50 either, all stupid

sjslhill
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Don't give me Obama this and that, the guy is a big Government moron that can't lead anything......Perry is not leading anything, the other crook is.

sjslhill
09-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Ain't it interesting that the Democrat rich have reason to be rich and others don't.

Yeah. To the tune of 535,000.00 dollars left for the American Taxpayer to absorb. A half a BILLION dollars down the drain for one of his buddies to "make his dream" come true. Another fleecing of America by the Elite.

John

Steven Vaccaro
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Why can't the rich pay their fair share ?

RCK Because the middle to upper class already pay all the taxes to support the 1/2 the US population.

dana
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Everybody has the answers. Ridiculous. Go back to what you know, running boats

the5
09-15-2011, 11:33 PM
I completely agreement with the title.

Flying Scotsman
09-16-2011, 03:43 AM
I have worked in some high profile companies but sadly the business mantra today is to try and fix it now but with no vision for the future and obscene salary wages for CEO's and CFO's for a two year stint and a handsome severance package if they fail to produce results....the politicians today with no business experience are a bunch of wankers and are also in the same mode as those twits.

Douggie

sjslhill
09-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Exactly.....no vision but the vision of how they get theirs. Hey, you can have everything, just vote for me! (P.S. I have no idea how the next sucker will pay for this) Companies are the same, what can I do to make $$$, screw the future.

I have worked in some high profile companies but sadly the business mantra today is to try and fix it now but with no vision for the future and obscene salary wages for CEO's and CFO's for a two year stint and a handsome severance package if they fail to produce results....the politicians today with no business experience are a bunch of wankers and are also in the same mode as those twits.

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
09-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Obama is a twit, now out of desperation he is going to tax the ritch, not a smart move as these are the people who generate NEW JOBS. Plus what real jobs has Obama done? with exception of polictial ideal?

Douggie

Steven Vaccaro
09-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Ok, so some ultra rich dude is being taxed at about 18% on his investment in some company or stock. Is this rich guy going to take his money out of that investment and put it into a cd at the local bank for 1% return if the Capitol Gains tax rate goes up? If it was you or I we would be paying close to 35% of earned income.

sanyijr
09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Obama is a twit, now out of desperation he is going to tax the ritch, not a smart move as these are the people who generate NEW JOBS. Plus what real jobs has Obama done? with exception of polictial ideal?

Douggie

Douggie,

Do you have bee hives by chance?

Not to change the subject but.. ...How is your Candian Government doing? I am 100% ignorant on your (possibly corrupt) system, but I must find some time to dig.... I for one am getting tired of pointing out the corruption in our government. My finger is gettign really tired!

See what a little antagonizing will pull out of the woodwork......

Especially since the grass is always (?) greener on the other side......(of the border) ahhhhh except ours. and I mean mexico. You guys get lots of rain.....:tongue:

RCKong
09-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Obama wants to re-peal the tax breaks Pres Bush gave to the rich to create jobs that they never did - they took them overseas.

Flying Scotsman
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Yes, we get a lot of rain in my province but our federal goverment is very prudent and we probably have the best banking system in the world. Mexico, great place for vacationing with drug addicts, murder, abtuctions etc.

Douggie

sanyijr
09-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Obama wants to re-peal the tax breaks Pres Bush gave to the rich to create jobs that they never did - they took them overseas.

I for one think I don't pay enough. It took me 4 years of very diligent savings to buy a modest SUV for my wife and 2 kids.
BUT I payed two of those cars worth (including car sales tax) in Federal/state taxes in that same time frame. Soooo, yeah. More taxes. Right? :confused2:

Oh and Douggie, I was referring to the grass you mow.

sjslhill
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes, I'd vote for Obama again if I were you.....he is one smart president.

sjslhill
09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Florida is the first state requiring drug testing to receive welfare! In signing the new law,
Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free.
Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment.
Those who fail a second time would be banned from receiving funds for three years!
Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.
How is this unconstitutional ?
It's completely legal that every other working people have to pass drug tests in order to get a J-O-B which supports those on welfare!

Waiting for the Justice Department to stop this one. Or the Job Labor Board or something else Obama sicks on em.

dmwilson09
09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I love how the liberal media has made everyone thinking that the rich dont pay any taxes. Do some homework and you will find that the rich are taxed around 25-30% vs around 15% for Amercians making between 50-100K. The top 1% (Americans making over 1.2 million) also pay in the greatest percentage (38%) of taxes of the 50% of American who actually pay taxes.

Diegoboy
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
liberal media spoon feeds the masses that believes it as gospel. Most people ( i did NOT say YOU) are too lazy or stupid to see the facts.

sailr
09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
gotta love it. Liberal spoon feeding? conservative bloviators like fox, limbaugh, hannity, etc. are the biggest spoon feeders of total brainwashing and b.s. on earth! If we didn't have free speech, they would all be in jail for lieing and inciting the weak minded to act out.

liberal media spoon feeds the masses that believes it as gospel. Most people ( i did NOT say YOU) are too lazy or stupid to see the facts.

sailr
09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
The rich are taxed at capital gains rate of 15% which is less than most people pay in taxes. They don't have 'earned income'. their income is from investing, thus, they get the capital gains rate. And then there are those of extreme wealth that find every possible loophole and pay NOTHING! this is common knowledge. Do YOUR homework. You need to stop listening to the lies from the right wing extremists.

I love how the liberal media has made everyone thinking that the rich dont pay any taxes. Do some homework and you will find that the rich are taxed around 25-30% vs around 15% for Amercians making between 50!-100K. The top 1% (Americans making over 1.2 million) also pay in the greatest percentage (38%) of taxes of the 50% of American who actually pay taxes.

dmwilson09
09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
The rich are taxed at capital gains rate of 15% which is less than most people pay in taxes. They don't have 'earned income'. their income is from investing, thus, they get the capital gains rate. And then there are those of extreme wealth that find every possible loophole and pay NOTHING! this is common knowledge. Do YOUR homework. You need to stop listening to the lies from the right wing extremists.

All rich American's are not taxed at a capital gains rate. A small percentage of rich American's who only draw their income from investments (ex. Steve Jobs who salary is $1) are taxed at a capitals gains rate of 15%. And it would not matter if you are rich or not, capital gains are taxed at 15%. And if the extreme wealth of America finds every possible loophole and pays nothing, why do the top .1 percent of rich American's pay 18% of all federal income tax. I did my homework salir, you clearly let CNN do your's.

Steven Vaccaro
09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Obama paid over $1,000,000. in taxes last year.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/president-obama-2010-complete-return.pdf
Is that a fair enough share?

sailr
09-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Exactly! The richer they are, the lower rate they pay. That is what Obama is saying. It's time to get off the Job Creator bullcrap too. Bush lowered the wealthiest's taxes so they could create jobs. Didn't happen! Won't happen! The rich just pocket the windfall! Then they take their $$$ offshore and pay NOTHING and in some cases get credits! Amazing how the common folk in the tea party buy into the lies and crap from the right.

Ok, so some ultra rich dude is being taxed at about 18% on his investment in some company or stock. Is this rich guy 't hagoing to take his money out of that investment and put it into a cd at the local bank for 1% return if the Capitol Gains tax rate goes up? If it was you or I we would be paying close to 35% of earned income.

Flying Scotsman
09-20-2011, 05:20 PM
What did he earn and from where.

Douggie

Darin Jordan
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Exactly! The richer they are, the lower rate they pay. That is what Obama is saying.

MEDIA HYPE BS!!

http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/incometaxandtheirs/a/whopaysmost.htm

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-rich-taxed-less-secretaries-070642868.html

Etc., Etc., Etc....

It must be really nice to be on the Left and be able to just say whatever you want, Over and Over and Over again, and have it somehow magically become the new set of "facts" by which you argue...

Sorry... you can't just go around making stuff up. Talk about eating up bogus lines of crap! :olleyes:

dmwilson09
09-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Ok, so some ultra rich dude is being taxed at about 18% on his investment in some company or stock. Is this rich guy going to take his money out of that investment and put it into a cd at the local bank for 1% return if the Capitol Gains tax rate goes up? If it was you or I we would be paying close to 35% of earned income.

The only way you can get around paying a capital gains tax is if you re-invest your money in something else (ex. Take money out of one company and invest all of in in another). So if this ultra rich guy takes his money out of his investment and puts it in the bank or a CD, that would not be considered re-investing, and he would have to pay taxes on what ever profit he made while his money was invested. Then when he put his money in a bank or cd, he will pay taxes on whatever he makes in interest.

sailr
09-20-2011, 05:37 PM
You're hilarious. The right has been making stuff up for years with the help of the radical news media and limbaugh, etc. Amazing how easily those on the right are brainwashed. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Quote:

It must be really nice to be on the Left and be able to just say whatever you want, Over and Over and Over again, and have it somehow magically become the new set of "facts" by which you argue...

unquote

murphy3428
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
The gov needs to close the boarders bring back manufacturing to the us. It is a load of bull that we are saving any money on the crap being made overseas yes the price may look cheaper but in the long run you will pay more on the maintinance that is required today to keep things working. The time has come for the people that dont speak there mind that dont bother to vote to wake up and join the party! I still feel that we clean house and get rid of all in office there is not one of them worthy in my eyes also there should be terms just like the presidency no more life time terms these guys get to comfortable the longer the term.... I figure today I can get away with saying what I want due to back surgery this morning and the wonderful pain meds they have me on

sailr
09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Good luck with the back surgery. Been there, done that.

murphy3428
09-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Thankyou Sailr, ya I been there twice before aswell hopfully three times the charm

Rumdog
09-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Manufacturing back to the U.S. won't happen. Costs too much to pay us Americans. Plus the quality of a LOT of American made goods is poor. THAT is why it doesn't sell overseas. I always get a giggle when people talk about China "junk".

This country is and has been blowing money that it doesn't have for a long time now. The B.S. wars is the reason. Face it... Bin Laden won. His goal was to bankrupt this country. It happened. It's going to be a few more Presidencies before anyone puts a dent in what's owed.

Flying Scotsman
09-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Hmm, I think there was a state called California and run by some Austrian guy who did not know where the zipper was on his trousers. I hate to say this but we depend on your austerity and as the leader in the world, but the wheels are falling off in your position for that honour.

Douggie

sanyijr
09-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Manufacturing back to the U.S. won't happen. Costs too much to pay us Americans. Plus the quality of a LOT of American made goods is poor. THAT is why it doesn't sell overseas. I always get a giggle when people talk about China "junk".

This country is and has been blowing money that it doesn't have for a long time now. The B.S. wars is the reason. Face it... Bin Laden won. His goal was to bankrupt this country. It happened. It's going to be a few more Presidencies before anyone puts a dent in what's owed.

Perhaps, that is why it's difficult to stomach fed loans to Solindra like companies. When most solar companies took the handouts and then moved their manufactering to China. Solindra on the other hand just gave back the money via campaign contributions. (but we will see what is disclosed when the FBI finishes its investigation...In like 5 years) Not much stimulus there....

And the longer we Blow money, (via campaign paybacks and alike) the debt just keeps climbing..... Doesn't seem to be doing much good to the ecomomy as a whole.

Can't stop paying it back till to stop spending more than you make......

That's how I run my household.

sanyijr
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Hmm, I think there was a state called California and run by some Austrian guy who did not know where the zipper was on his trousers. I hate to say this but we depend on your austerity and as the leader in the world, but the wheels are falling off in your position to that honour.

Douggie

Z Austrian should stick to movies and women and out of government..... Yaaaa?

But that feeling is not limited to him.

Moonbeam should stick to only movies. I don't want to see him in Govermnent or Women!

murphy3428
09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Do anybody's employers pay for your vacations besides your by week vacation pay? Why are the tax payers paying for Obamas outragouse vacations let him use his own money

Rumdog
09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Outrageous vacations? Thats funny. He must be the only pres. who's ever taken a trip. Oh, I know, his vacations are the reason for the debt, right?

Darin Jordan
09-20-2011, 09:37 PM
The right has been making stuff up for years with the help of the radical news media and limbaugh, etc.

Name some! Name some of these "made up stuff" that have had major impacts on our economy, and the tone in this country.

And spare me the "WMD" claim... unless you want to convict the majority of Western Society of having been involved in that "lie"...

RCKong
09-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Alot of strange occurrences in the 911 deal too. All the war and loss of American lives for no good reason - to the tune of a trillion five a year. That would buy everyone in this country a new house and a Cadillac in the driveway.
Bring our troops home and let them take on the border and the Mexican mob.:patriot:

m4a1usr
09-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Why do some of you hate the rich? Are you succumbing to the divisions that the socialists play out to keep us fighting amongst ourselves? Some very obvious facts glare in the face of what alot are aware of. The rich pay FICA (you know social security, medicare) yet they will always make too much to gather a cent of what they are paying in. Yet you condomn them for the tax rate they pay? I thought we were a Democracy? You dont bad mouth the poor, who pay nothing, yet garner federal dollars, and will continue for probably for the rest of their lifes. (Thats a 100% liability BTW) Where is that fair? Because they have nothing? What measuring stick do you use? I find this most disquieting. You use one standard for one type but openly prejudice against another? Open minds allow for all the facts. Not just the ones that fit.

While we are on the subject of taxing the rich lets look at some history. http://www.ctj.org/pdf/regcg.pdf And we have allowed them to benefit from market conditions, but thats what should be fixed by the Government. So its the Federal Governments job to get busy and tax them appropriately. When you have the ultra rich like Warren Buffet speaking about the disparity openly, there must be some basis to reconsider our current position. The tax breaks for the rich should sunset soon. But as well we should consider that they pay more then their fare share and should not be demonized or put at arms length as if they have no rights either.

There is plenty of data about giving the rich tax credits or lower rates to stimulate business growth. But the problem is more complex as the rich have discovered its is far less risky to make a modest amount of money by leveraging debt or stock market investments by making bullish or bearish market choices. We have allowed them to circle their wagons and just put up with the occasional indians riding by tossing in a few arrows. If I can wax poetically.

John

murphy3428
09-20-2011, 11:21 PM
There is no one thing that caused the deficite and there is no one sulotion to fix it either, but when your country is in the *!***!***!***!** state its in and all you see is the lower town and state workers teachers and so on being layed off and your so called leader going on 2 billion dollar vacations on the tax payers tab. How many of those lost jobs could have been saved with that 2 billion? Rumdog you have every right to your opion of obama as do I dont get me wrong Obama isn't the only problem this goes back to regan but OBAMA has done nothing except cause more problems.

mappo
09-21-2011, 12:02 AM
http://damianmann.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/what-has-obama-accomplished/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4578207

Take a good look and maybe some of us may learn something!
Reading is fundamental.

m4a1usr
09-21-2011, 12:54 AM
http://damianmann.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/what-has-obama-accomplished/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4578207

Take a good look and maybe some of us may learn something!
Reading is fundamental.

Thank you so much. You are right. Reading is fundamental to understanding what this person is responsible for aiding with. Obama did indeed aid voter fraud. This article is a very obvious representation of what he believes. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4578207

ACORN was to be charged with voter fraud by the DOJ and members of the organization were supposed to be charged with known and intentional fraudulent intent in taking of taxpayer monies to commit such crimes. There was a very nice 60 minutes story on this topic. And Obama was involved with this organization. It cant be proved he was aware of the groups methods and activities. But none the less. He made sure that they got funded, to lie/steal/cheat the American taxpayer out of money to commit feloneous acts against the American population in creating voting fraud. Nice little piece of American history to add to his accomplishments.

BTW ACORN is reformed under a new name as a title 501 recipient of taxpayer funds to continue its mission of gathering new voters for the Democratic National Commitee. After all. It wouldnt be fair for voters to have a mind of their own and decide to vote on their own behalf. Nope. Lets take taxpayer money and make a choice for them so they are not left without a voice. Like I said. Great article.

John

Flying Scotsman
09-21-2011, 03:35 AM
As a Scot/Canadian who started this debacle and has viewed all responses, your country is in a fisccal mess, fix it or we will all suuffer, end of epistle

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
09-21-2011, 03:57 AM
I will give you an example. I wanted to buy a top of the line Dell pc today and I had a few questions. I was sent to Romania, Indonisia and India, each time I asked for the corporate number for Dell and every number issued to me got me back to the same you know what..press 1 for English etc.

Douggie

Rumdog
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't hate the rich, but there is absolutely no reason they need tax cuts.

Obama and ACORN. That's one example of right wing propaganda.

Darin Jordan
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I
Obama and ACORN. That's one example of right wing propaganda.

WOW! I suppose the comments by Maxine Waters are just completely hype as well? Or the corrupt actions she too to direct stimulus funds to a failing bank that her HUSBAND owns?? Or the White-House involvement in this Solyndra scandle??? Or all the FACTs showing how data has been manipulated to favor a "Man-Made Global Warming" ruse??

I need some of that Kool-Aide you are drinking... Life would be Gooooo-ooooo---ooood! :banana:

RCKong
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
What about Newt for Pres...? In my opinion, the most Qualified Rep Candidate, and was Speaker during the Clinton era (The good ole' days) He has the experience and the insider connections to get the job done.

Goonboy2
09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm trying to have some fun.
There is no reason to bring politics, religion, philosphy to this forum.
Write your newspaper editor, facebook, twitter, political blogs instead

Darin Jordan
09-21-2011, 09:39 AM
What about Newt for Pres...? In my opinion, the most Qualified Rep Candidate, and was Speaker during the Clinton era (The good ole' days) He has the experience and the insider connections to get the job done.

Unfortunately, while he WOULD tear Mr. Obama up in a debate and with his ideas, he has a LOT of skeletons in the closet. Doesn't help that he made that damn commercial sitting next to Nancy Pelosi and perpetuating the myth of the "Global Warming" community...

hazegry
02-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Alot of strange occurrences in the 911 deal too. All the war and loss of American lives for no good reason - to the tune of a trillion five a year. That would buy everyone in this country a new house and a Cadillac in the driveway.
Bring our troops home and let them take on the border and the Mexican mob.:patriot:
I love the bring the troops home BS why do you think we can strike anywhere at anytime its because of our established supply routes from having bases strategically placed all over the world. There is an old saying strategy wins battles Logistics wins wars. Before you think your going to argue with me about military logistics I have been in the Navy for 14 years working logistics for everything from Haiti relief to forward deployed ships and MEU 22, and 24. People say bring them home because the dont understand what we are there for.

Flying Scotsman
02-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Interesting, I have a profound admiration for you Yanks but at times you have made bad political descions......did not enter the first or second world wars at the start of these declarations by other countries, but your final contributions were huge.....Vietnam was a disaster.....Irag also....Afganhistan also as have many countries discovered, that nation is corrupt and let them fight their own tribal wars. The United Nations is a mess and I am glad that I am too old fight now but my sons and other family members do and I respect their dedication to descions they do not make....they follow orders!!

Douggie

sjslhill
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Canada may be a good place to live once the US folds up, you taking in new citizens?

Interesting, I have a profound admiration for you Yanks but at times you have made bad political descions......did not enter the first or second world wars at the start of these declarations by other countries, but your final contributions were huge.....Vietnam was a disaster.....Irag also....Afganhistan also as have many countries discovered, that nation is corrupt and let them fight their own tribal wars. The United Nations is a mess and I am glad that I am too old fight now but my sons and other family members do and I respect their dedication to descions they do not make....they follow orders!!

Douggie

sjslhill
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
The writing is on the wall for the USA, we are finished. The establishment has destroyed the country and it's a matter of time before the Gov. is forced to take everything from everyone. I am not sure if we will have a revolution or just turn into a 3rd world country, time will tell us.

sanyijr
02-21-2012, 12:36 PM
It will depend on what the folks on welfoare, social security, disability and government employees will do when the taxed have no more to give. Will it be like Greece?

The writing is on the wall for the USA, we are finished. The establishment has destroyed the country and it's a matter of time before the Gov. is forced to take everything from everyone. I am not sure if we will have a revolution or just turn into a 3rd world country, time will tell us.

Darin Jordan
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
"When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you get Paul's vote"...

T.S.Davis
02-21-2012, 02:30 PM
You guys all know we're going to have 4 more years of OH Bummer right? Newt has a ton of baggage despite being right more often than not. His delivery is harsh on some topics too. Romney is an easy kill for the class warefare tactics of the left. They get hung up on the percentage he pays. The claim is that the 13% he pays is less than the 15% his secretary pays. Apparently mathmatics works different on the left.

I am always shocked when people I think I know are wrong headed when it comes to politics, finance and an even basic understanding of economics. Ignorance got us Obama and ignorance is going to give us more of the same.

The taxed wont run out of money to "give". They'll run out of money to TAKE. Canada, are you ready for a massive influx of capital when those that still have anything cut bate and flee for their lives? You guys will have the only safe harbor that even resembles freedom.