PDA

View Full Version : Losi 5ive-T

millzee
09-09-2011, 06:43 AM
I seen this new losi truck and I thinks it'll be a ripper, loads of fun.
http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd439/1millzee/5ive-T/5ive-T.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7XUFlS5PI&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.largescaleforums.com/news/213/losi-5ive-t-truck/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H7R_nwtWgU

I figured one gasser in the shed would be pretty cool, the ease of pulling a string sounds good. Eventually I might take a look a sticking a 2028, mamba xl on either 8s2p or even 10s2p, there's probably enough room for 4p. I'll have plenty of time to think about the conversion cause it's still 5 weeks off arrival, Modleflight here in OZ will be receiving there first shipment on 3rd Oct so I hope to see mine on the 4th-5th. Here's to good times.

Jedi Master
09-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Awesome release by Losi. 1/8th handling in a 1/5th platform with decent power!!!:cool:

Raydee
09-09-2011, 09:14 AM
They are running them us here at Bajafest this weekend. I will be going Sat to watch them run....maybe even pick one up if they are selling any.

JackBlack26
09-09-2011, 12:56 PM
2028 would be the way to go with this one. I had a 5BSS and the novelty wears off rather quickly. Gas stinks, clutches suck, and they are annoying to run around any neighborhood park or public place. 2028, 8S, 2P yields the same run time with way better performance. The platform looks awesome, too. It wont be long till Monster Mike starts putting out simple center diff supported motor mounts for these.

millzee
09-09-2011, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE= It wont be long till Monster Mike starts putting out simple center diff supported motor mounts for these.[/QUOTE]

I'll be looking out for them with eager eyes, TDR should look into them also, his mounts ar awsome with the 1717's in the xxl's

Rumdog
09-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Sweet! I'd definately keep it gas!

Brushless55
09-21-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree!
Mine I'll keep it gas with some kind of mod motor...
6-7hp gas will beat up on brushless any day IMO
I use fuel scense, that make my 5B smell good and sweet!
Love punching the trottle on my GP290!!

Raydee
09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Not even close but you can try. My brushless Baja was faster than any of the mod engines that were on the track and even gave the twin 50cc engines a run for the money.

I agree!
Mine I'll keep it gas with some kind of mod motor...
6-7hp gas will beat up on brushless any day IMO
I use fuel scense, that make my 5B smell good and sweet!
Love punching the trottle on my GP290!!

Rumdog
09-21-2011, 05:19 PM
And cost about 3 times more..

Raydee
09-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Nobody said anything about cost....he stated that a mod motor will beat up on Brushless and I can tell you from experience that it won't.

Brushless55
09-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Not even close but you can try. My brushless Baja was faster than any of the mod engines that were on the track and even gave the twin 50cc engines a run for the money.
:lol:
factor in cost and runtimes
I will take my $180 GP290 motor and a gallon of gas over about $1,000 setup for electric to have short runtimes and a possible esc failure as Castle is having with this esc for the 5th scale
so yes, a gas motor can bash and bash and run and run while these big brushless motor needs batteries, and batteries, and batteries
so IMO a nice mod motor can clean house and be much much cheaper in the short term and long run....
and the videos of 65-80mph+ Baja Gassers running, its hard for me to believe that one race of one brushless buggy was faster is spoken like the law :lol:

sounds like whome ever you were racing has tuning issues or runing bone stock! as my GP motor rips and pulls the front wheels off the ground all the time... so in a race I know I have more than enought power to run fast!

And cost about 3 times more..

yeah, by the time you factor a whole day of running a brushless monster like this, I can't imagine the amount of lipo packs one will need and the constant plug and unplug while others top of and keep runing their gassers