PDA

View Full Version : New 56 Series Leopard motor

crrcboatz
09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
http://204.186.93.64/BrushlessMotors-Leopard.htm

Go down about 1/3 of the page and it lists in stock a 5698 kv910 in stock. anyone know this was coming? Any specs??$200 is not bad.

Rumdog
09-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Yup. Right here at OSE!

crrcboatz
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
what kind of power will it offer vs the 5692? the 910 kv version on 8s????

m4a1usr
09-08-2011, 08:43 PM
what kind of power will it offer vs the 5692? the 910 kv version on 8s????

Doubtfull anyone can provide actual values based upon something like a dyno test or similar. If you look at the efficiency claims touted by the motor manufacturers and then read the data specs they advertise, you will see these "Mega" powerfull cheap chi motors can provide wattage claims that would smoke all of them if you believed what they claim. I have seen advertisers claiming 5500 watts out of a Leopard 5692. Now stay with me for just a second here. And they claim a 90% or better efficiency rating. Even Neu and Lehner dont claim that. Stay focused.

Lets give in and dream they get 95% eff. No freaking way can they can even make 85% in the real world but what the heck. Lets dream a little dream. The motor gets 95%eff. So 5% of 5500 watts is 275 watts of wasted energy, generaly stated as heat losses. So the motor heats up at 275 watts of radiated heat energy consumption. Its large. Filled with steel and copper. So the heat generated is pretty large. Now. Got an 'ole lady, a wife, a girlfriend, a mother, daughter, female room mate? They all seem to own one of those gawd awefull monster blow dryers that will make any bathroom in to a Sauna/ vacuum chamber (sorry just my experience!) in literaly minutes!

Those screaming handfulls of diabolical energy spewing blow dryers can be up to 500 watts but most are right in the 250 watt range. They move large amounts of air, yet still get hot enough to not touch any area other then the handle. You can see I'm over simplifying my explanation. So do you want to hear what the sellers and makers state as the motors power capability or assume that what they state should be halfed (50%) continous rating, then further debased another 15% as they are not made with the best of the best materials in their construction. That would make a 5692 being advertised at a max wattage of 5500 watts taken down to a 2250 watts continous. But with a realistic 85% eff rating that would take it down to 1913 watts continous. But wait. We all get excited at 5500 watts. Now your telling me its not even 2000 watts?

You get my point. You see where I am going. Do the math. Look at what these motors really are. You dont get anything for free. All motor makers are a business. Not to break even, they make a profit. Unrealistic advertising sells. Believe that.

John

crrcboatz
09-08-2011, 09:05 PM
Doubtfull anyone can provide actual values based upon something like a dyno test or similar. If you look at the efficiency claims touted by the motor manufacturers and then read the data specs they advertise, you will see these "Mega" powerfull cheap chi motors can provide wattage claims that would smoke all of them if you believed what they claim. I have seen advertisers claiming 5500 watts out of a Leopard 5692. Now stay with me for just a second here. And they claim a 90% or better efficiency rating. Even Neu and Lehner dont claim that. Stay focused.

Lets give in and dream they get 95% eff. No freaking way can they can even make 85% in the real world but what the heck. Lets dream a little dream. The motor gets 95%eff. So 5% of 5500 watts is 275 watts of wasted energy, generaly stated as heat losses. So the motor heats up at 275 watts of radiated heat energy consumption. Its large. Filled with steel and copper. So the heat generated is pretty large. Now. Got an 'ole lady, a wife, a girlfriend, a mother, daughter, female room mate? They all seem to own one of those gawd awefull monster blow dryers that will make any bathroom in to a Sauna/ vacuum chamber (sorry just my experience!) in literaly minutes!

Those screaming handfulls of diabolical energy spewing blow dryers can be up to 500 watts but most are right in the 250 watt range. They move large amounts of air, yet still get hot enough to not touch any area other then the handle. You can see I'm over simplifying my explanation. So do you want to hear what the sellers and makers state as the motors power capability or assume that what they state should be halfed (50%) continous rating, then further debased another 15% as they are not made with the best of the best materials in their construction. That would make a 5692 being advertised at a max wattage of 5500 watts taken down to a 2250 watts continous. But with a realistic 85% eff rating that would take it down to 1913 watts continous. But wait. We all get excited at 5500 watts. Now your telling me its not even 2000 watts?

You get my point. You see where I am going. Do the math. Look at what these motors really are. You dont get anything for free. All motor makers are a business. Not to break even, they make a profit. Unrealistic advertising sells. Believe that.

John

Look bud I didn't ask for a dissertation on a motor and the output in such a blasphemous manner. All I wanted is someone with some possible experience with the motor that could give me some input on power. I never once asked for anything as u posted or did I want a hairdryer effect either. I get it, u don't like leopard motors and their claims but I never asked for that either. John I would appreciate if u left my posts alone if this kind of hatred is all u have to offer. OH by the way Neu does post the same kind of stuff as does scorpion, and other name brands.

m4a1usr
09-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Look bud I didn't ask for a dissertation on a motor and the output in such a blasphemous manner. All I wanted is someone with some possible experience with the motor that could give me some input on power. I never once asked for anything as u posted or did I want a hairdryer effect either. I get it, u don't like leopard motors and their claims but I never asked for that either. John I would appreciate if u left my posts alone if this kind of hatred is all u have to offer. OH by the way Neu does post the same kind of stuff as does scorpion, and other name brands.

Thats fair enough. But I did assume that this was a free and open forum. Looks like you have another opinion.

John