PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my setup

Boats4fun89
03-14-2008, 02:13 PM
now im just waiting on the ice to melt.

SJFE
03-14-2008, 04:04 PM
That is some very nice work. If I may make a couple suggestions. Your battery trays should extend all the way to the stern(if they do not already). You need the weight more toward the stern fo fly the hull. Another is to reinstall those turn fins. That hull needs the stability they provide. Again nice clean work.

Tony
03-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Nice set up. Where can i get those parts? Links please . Thanks!

Boats4fun89
03-15-2008, 08:36 PM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-mini-rud ---- this is the rudder i used.

http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm ---- this is where the strut and bracket is. i used the 12 - 32 cell super strut - 1 7/8" length strut for .150 cable and 3/16ths stub shaft bearing surface and the 2 inch HV super strut bracket

i got a test run in today and it runs pretty good. needs some adjusting and better batteries. and it actually handles pretty well with out the turn fins. but to be able to get a faster corner the turn fins would help.

MORIDE
03-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Why rearrange the electronics and lose the water proof box?

Boats4fun89
03-17-2008, 01:59 AM
i chose to take out the radio box because i thought it was a little flimbsy and also by lowering the raio gear i get a lower center of gravity. not much but it helps a little. just a personal preference really. i also got a good few runs today with my x642 and it ran good. but i did try an older x 437/3. its a 3 bladed prop and that seemed to work better. it got it up on a plane alot faster than the 642. just some thought if anyone wants to try a 3 blade prop. hope to get more runs tommorow. im waiting on my new batts to come.

ddeem72
03-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I have the same setup as you do except I used the flat servo tray with receiver on it.

Was it hard to cut out the battery trays? I was worried about cracking the fiberglass.

It must help to have the batteries on the floor vs. 2 inches higher... Did this help the stability?

Thanks - Dave

Boats4fun89
03-29-2008, 12:30 AM
i actuall never ran it with stock battery trays but i can hit full speed and make a left turn no problem. right turns at full speed are a little choppy but still pretty stable. as far as removing the battery trays just a pair of needle nose pliers. just dont rip on them go slow at first and loosen the glue they should come out fairly easy. i had no problems with the fiberglass.

OJ racer
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
In my new Hydro, I put the batteries within about 4 inches from the tip of the boat. It starts with water just a bit over the seam in the hull, but it gets on plane really fast and having the batteries near the front is great for stability.

obrien
03-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Definitely get rid of the battery trays so the batteries can go back further. Just a suggestion, but get a mount for the antenna so you can seal the hatch better. Make sure you tape the hatch for everyrun. Its only a matter of time before it goes over.