PDA

View Full Version : Bought an Onyx 245 Dual Charger/balancer

Checkmateguy01
09-07-2011, 06:43 PM
My SuperBrain 977 has been giving me trouble latly and now i can only charge on one output so i said it's time for new charger. After a ton of looking around (been looking for the last year really) i settled on the new Onyx 245 Dual output charger/balancer ( http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZZS&P=0 ), seems like a very simple charger, just what i was looking for! I like that it has a built in power supply, it drove me nuts that all of the big money chargers require a seperate supply source. I was going thru the manual and came across something i don't really understand. Under "suggested charge rates" it says to charge NiMh's with between 2500-5000mah at 5 amps. I thought NiMh's couldn't be charged at 1C or better? I can charge my 3800's at 5 amps? The charger has mulitple charge rates of 800ma, 1.5a, 3a and 5a, i usually stuck with 3a charge for all my batteries with the 977. Anyways, i hope this charger works out, and now i have nothing stopping me from getting a couple sets of Lipos!