PDA

View Full Version : Short video of Sept 5

siberianhusky
09-05-2011, 06:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0VK6jomqZI&feature=player_embedded
From John's Youtube page.

bruce5385
09-05-2011, 07:31 PM
very nice video. it looks like it is set up well. cant wait to get a video of mine up on 6s with new castle/traxxas system. great job!

Fluid
09-05-2011, 08:45 PM
The MC is running beautifully! So pretty..... :wub:

Rob DeAngelis
01-10-2012, 06:37 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!! 2 more days till I get mine!!! I cant wait :rockon2:

siberianhusky
01-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Didn't have the UL-1 motor in it for that video, it was a Probaot 1500kv geico motor, can't remember what prop but that motor has some good torque. Great temps.
Have an eagletree now so next season I will probably be running a bigger prop, gotta love being able to log all the data from a run, going to get the add on GPS expansion unit for it next.
UL-1 motor is great in a hydro or tunnel hull but I think I like more torque in the MC.
Fixing the sponson bottoms made a huge difference in how this boat runs.
Real blast with a spec motor, the hull of the original isn't really strong enough for a full P set up. I had a Castle in it for a couple days, the crashes beat the crap out of the hull. It was fast though!
A couple times I've thought about cutting the inner tub out and adding some carbon fiber to the hull.
Building an H&M Drifter S for spec or n2 power now. Lehner 4200kv 1300watt motor, 200 amp esc, 2s2p 10000mah 40c?!?!

Rob DeAngelis
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
hey Husky I asked a qsuestion last week about putting the 2030kv ul1 motor in my MC... what do you think? is that a bad idea???

siberianhusky
01-15-2012, 05:42 AM
No, but it won't be any faster, you have to run a smaller prop with the higher KV motor so it pretty much ends up as a wash.
All of the "spec" motor have about the same amount of power, just different delivery. Thats what makes spec racing so much fun in my books.
That being said I do think the MC does better with a bigger prop at lower rpm, accelerates better and pulls out of the corners much better. Top speed difference is minimal though.