PDA

View Full Version : Binding more than 1 rx to tx

martin
09-03-2011, 10:14 AM
If you have a tx that has no memory facility should you bind more than 1 rx ie you have say 3 boats & use 1 tx. So your binding all 3 rx which ive done ok + all my friends do this as well. But ive been told by a few hobby stores that unless you have a memory tx you really should bind each rx to the tx each time you change to a different boat to run.Anyone have any info on whether this should be done this way or not. Thanks Martin.

SirBudman32
09-03-2011, 10:25 AM
I do it with my cars and boat. Run 1 tx and 4 rx, just have to adjust trim with each but no biggie.

martin
09-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Yes thats what i do along with others that i run with, But i was told this is not the way to do it with a tx that dosnt have a memory as you not going into each model set in the tx memory. I also asked Horizon Hobby UK technical dept about this & they also said you should bind different rx each time if your going from one rx to another on a non memory tx. Be interesting to see what others think on this. Martin.

sailr
09-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Typical hobby store baloney from employees that don't know squat but think they are experts. I use the Tactic radio. I have about 15 receivers all bound to a single transmitter. You do NOT have to rebind the receiver each time! No worries. You set up each boat correctly (mechanically) regarding centering, trims, rates, etc. and then all you have to do at the transmitter is make minor adjustments when you go from boat to boat. Not as convenient as the transmitters that have model memories but nothing in the world wrong with it. It sounds like the Hobby Bobby's were trying to sell you a more expensive radio.

It's hard enough to learn new hobbies without getting bad and erroneous advice. Horizon should be ashamed but then maybe they know something more about the shortcomings of their radios than I do.

NativePaul
09-03-2011, 03:07 PM
You don't have to rebind every time with my 6EX, I have 3 RXs which get shared out randomly between 7 boats and a plane with my 3 JAE riggers on the same memory slot. I've only had to rebind one once since I bought them which was when I was cradling a boat and the TX on the drivers rostrum at the nats last year and dropped the TX about 4' onto concrete, there was no response to the sticks afterwards so I thought I broke the radio but I tried re-binding it to that RX and it was fine and has been since, missed that heat though.

785boats
09-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm with Sailor on this. Typical sales pitch from the hobby store.
I've got 6 receivers in 6 boats bound to one transmitter with no memory. By doing all the trim & rate adjustments with the linkages during setup & testing I get all the boats to handle the same way. I don't need to do any adjustments on the Tx when changing from one boat to the other.
Cheers.
Paul.