PDA

View Full Version : Venom king of shaves or proboat impulse 31?

Piranhafreak
09-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi all i havent been able to find many reviews on the venom king of shaves c1 brushless so is it a good boat is it worth the money quailty good or bad i just cant find much on it
i love the looks of it just dont know if it worth buying im undecided if i want to mod my impulse 31 or if i want to buy the king of shaves. so my 2 questions are does anyone have any input reviews on the ekos.
Also what boat would you rather have

proboat impulse 31 or venom king of shaves c1 .

Brushless01
09-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Stay well away from the EKOS its a RTR nightmare.

Piranhafreak
09-02-2011, 08:10 PM
thats all i needed to know thanks

ironjaws
09-03-2011, 12:16 PM
pfury!!! unleash the fury. weerhom here. what's up freak???

Piranhafreak
09-03-2011, 01:39 PM
LOL i forgot about pfury i havent been on in years i havent had room for a big tank once i sold my 220g i have been out of it for a while

BILL OXIDEAN
09-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi all i havent been able to find many reviews on the venom king of shaves c1 brushless so is it a good boat is it worth the money quailty good or bad i just cant find much on it
i love the looks of it just dont know if it worth buying im undecided if i want to mod my impulse 31 or if i want to buy the king of shaves. so my 2 questions are does anyone have any input reviews on the ekos.
Also what boat would you rather have

proboat impulse 31 or venom king of shaves c1 .

King of Shaves is a wonderful boat. We at Venom listened to the customers and have made drastic improvements on the rtr quality.
Here's a king of shaves hitting 55 all stock not a SINGLE mod not even sharpened props

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttU_D7CrYo

Piranhafreak
09-03-2011, 01:49 PM
King of Shaves is a wonderful boat. We at Venom listened to the customers and have made drastic improvements on the rtr quality.
Here's a king of shaves hitting 55 all stock not a SINGLE mod not even sharpened props

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttU_D7CrYo

what changes have been made? i have heard lots of problems with the esc also that the fiberglass is very thin and does not hold up ? I would love to buy one of these it the nicest looking and perfect size im just afraid it will not hold up

BILL OXIDEAN
09-03-2011, 02:00 PM
From what I understand, the've resorted to adding less hardener to the resin. The boat is undeniably a light layup though.
We've changed the motor and speedo to 2 outrunners. we've actually got an all new version just coming out now called the segad.

The electronics are solid now. Theyre changing the motor mount system as well.
King of shaves is a fun boat. The things I've seen people complain about are things an unexperienced boater would. "this popped off" "Screws weren't tight" etc petty stuff..

Piranhafreak
09-03-2011, 02:05 PM
So is there way to get one of these newer models ?different part numbers ?

Griff
09-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I too would like to get the KOS but need to know how to tell if it's new or old stock
Thanks

BILL OXIDEAN
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Order the segad http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1815
It will definitely be the updated version. If you call Venom they can assure you an updated version as well..

TheShaughnessy
09-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Wilmer, why were you running a stock boat at saws? Good lookin boat though, saw one at RCX back when well RCX was. Looked super clean. just not a 380 motor guy myself.