PDA

View Full Version : What extent to Waterproof a DF26's electronics? If any...

sanyijr
09-01-2011, 12:57 PM
So many threads on how to waterproof escs, servos and recievers. Guys with smaller boats that do 30s to mid 40s and seal the top hatch with continuous tape, is there a real need to "bag" the reciever and epoxy or waterproof box the sensitive electronics. So many people say yes and so many say no in general. What are your experiences with samller boats? Is water intrusion typical in each run?

My setup is a DF26, 100 amp esc, 1755 rpm/V Fiego motor , a UBEC and two 2S 5000 mah hardcase batts in series (not that hardscase matters). What would be reasonable to do?

driftah
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
you can never be too safe on the water.... bag or epoxy encase that reciever bud.ya never know,water intrusion depends on the boat and your setup do a bathtub dunk test to see if any is coming in first maybe.a bad crash can peel the tape as well we have all seen it happen lol

sanyijr
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
you can never be too safe on the water.... bag or epoxy encase that reciever bud.ya never know,water intrusion depends on the boat and your setup do a bathtub dunk test to see if any is coming in first maybe.a bad crash can peel the tape as well we have all seen it happen lol

The bearer of bad news. I was sooooo hoping to hear the opposite....... And yet I know you are right. Damn it!