PDA

View Full Version : newbie with some stupid question

cupramat
08-29-2011, 02:46 PM
hi everyone, iam not new to rc but am new to rc boats.
i have just brought a traxxas villain its a nice bit of kit.
i took it out for the first time the other week n it didnt go well, infact it rolled ova n started to sink,
i did get it back only just though.
i do think that the back end of the boat is really heavy.
a few questions i want to ask to see if any one can answer, first one is can i use 2s lipos with the standard evx marine ESC?
second question is iam thinkin of converting it to brushless but if the ESC i get has a lipo cutt off, wat do u do when it cuts the lipos off cuz the boat will just stop.
mite be some stupid questions sorry if they are.
thanx alot
mat

rearwheelin
08-29-2011, 03:28 PM
2s lipo ok, and u can see that your new esc has the ability to program the cut off out. To me it sounds like a cut off would be a good idea for you. The villain isn't ment for high power brushless motors, I would get a different boat before you waste anymore money !

cupramat
08-29-2011, 03:31 PM
cheers mate, wat boat do u think i should get then if i want to go brushless?

rearwheelin
08-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Proboat has many RTR brusess models.... There maybe some nice used jobs in the swap shop here on the forum .

JIM MARCUM
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
You might like this boat on Ebay. Item#150654142530. For $146.67 shipped, it has everything you will need for a brushless setup except a FlySky FS GT3B 2.4 GigaHz radio system (another $ 56) and a LIPO battery. Buy the radiosystem from the same vendor if possable. It will take 3-4 weeks to come from China but it's a sweet & well made boat for the bucks. Comes in various colors. JIM