PDA

View Full Version : Painted the little green (not anymore) hydro

Boaterguy
08-28-2011, 11:48 PM
finished the paint today, and THIS THING LOOKS SWEET!
I really liked using the FC sticker as a stencil, there are a few blemishes but they will be cleaned up.
The hatch needs a little work, it will be taped so water shouldn't be a problem.
this was painted with rattle can spray paint, so i'm just hoping it holds on for a while.
right now I just get to look at it but once it gets on the water:cool2:
By the way this is getting the old rigger stuff because that thing sinks unless you keep driving, hoping to hit about 75 MPH. good thing is this thing runs about 45 on a K40, the motor/esc combo will take a 47mm prop, with almost 5k more rpm:scared:

G-UNIT
09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
No offence, but don't you believe in sand paper.

Fluid
09-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Hey, he's a kid - give him a break. But that black boat will be tough to see under some light conditions.....

Boaterguy
09-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I did give it a good sanding, I didn't use primer but I am going to sand down the back section behind the cat and paint it again.
I have run it at sunset and had not real problems seeing it, at night that's a diff story, may add some LED's

HYDROJERRY
09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Looks ok give it some sanding then a wet sanding, shoot some clear and that baby will be like Bling Bling,,PS i prefer spray paints they work ok but if you do some clear coat shots over them then they can look realy sweet..

Boaterguy
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
It is spray paint, i've been bugging my cousin for almost 2 weeks to send me the vids he took, I'd get more but that damned suppo blew up on me again.

madmorgan
09-14-2011, 09:08 PM
lol black tough to see ?? good job brother its obvious that some of us can still see !!! i posted on another website the insane hull i was fixing and painting and i chose a black with copper flake and was told yeah it looks ok but others cant see your boat if your racing blah blah blah . heres a thought buy new glasses if you cant see well and if you cant see that big rooster tail your behind trying to catch then buy new equipment to catch us this is a hobby u might like flouresant colors but some of us love black its still a free country for now and i for 1 will keep painting my hulls canopies etc the way i want if you dont like it retire from the hobby the way you did from your job 20 years ago ! this is just my opinion and if you dont like it then just sit there and read it this is a forum !

Boaterguy
09-14-2011, 09:32 PM
well my cousin is in depression mode because HE just broke up with his girlfriend, something about realizing he still loves his ex, I tuned out after an hour or so of counselling, anyways, I don't know if i'll have video for a while, until I get a new ESC.

mini max
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
i think it look good:thumbup1: