PDA

View Full Version : Help?,...Basic stuff for some....BUT....

lonneyb
08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Maybe you all could answer a few questions before i go messing with stuff...
What do the Turn Fins Control and how should they be installed ...SHarp Tip pointing out? ...tip down?...kinda in the middle?...I guess knowing WHAT they help with, would let me understand how to adjust them...:spy:

What happens when i put the Rudder Deeper and Vise versa raise it?...ie: the effect it has on
the boat..

and lastly:blush:...the trim tabs...what happens when they are tilted more towards the water
and again or vise versa more up towards the back of the boat

Thanx for helping a newbie understand the controls

lonneyb
09-05-2011, 04:09 AM
:Praying:no one?

ejimbo4
09-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I am new to rc boats myself and just got a Impulse31 and I have had some of the same questions but with some searching and reading I came across this.....

http://www.modelpowerboat.com/content.php?118-rc-boat-hull-attitude

Hope it helps!

roadrashracing
09-05-2011, 02:07 PM
sorry I just put them in the water and move batteries if I need to.

Mtwinste
09-05-2011, 09:55 PM
The best thing to do is adjust try adjust try adjust try. Go from one extreme to the other on each adjustment. We learn by extremes then we use knowledge to find the tune.

stadiumyamaha
09-12-2011, 12:17 AM
the turn fins help the boat turn quickly without spinning out. The sharp side to the outside pointing down far enough to let it turn without slowing in down. They are angled out while the boat is level but in a turn they are straight vertical. Hope it helps.

Fluid
09-12-2011, 07:36 AM
What do the Turn Fins Control and how should they be installed The provide side resistance when the boat turns, reducing the tendency to spin out. Start with them as deep as they will go, then slowly raise until the boat hooks.

What happens when i put the Rudder Deeper and Vise versa raise it?...ie: the effect it has on
the boat.. You can't raise or lower the rudder vertically, I'm confused here. Angling the rudder does little the way the Impulse is set up. Keep it vertical to the water.

...the trim tabs...what happens when they are tilted more towards the water
and again or vise versa more up towards the back of the boat Tilting them down pushes the bow down, and vice versa. If they are too far down they can hurt turning since they push the transom up.