PDA

View Full Version : JR Radio XS3-Pro Transmitter Pack Question...

Darin Jordan
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey guys... I was going to order a new TX battery for my JR Radio, but I don't have it here at work and I can't recall something... Do these transmitters have a pack plug in them in addition to the contacts for the AA cell craddle?? The pack I'm looking at has a lead with a white plug on the end... but I don't recall if the radio TX has the matching receptical connector?

If you happen to have one of these radios (JR XS-3 or XS-3Pro), would you mind looking and letting me know?

Thanks,

Rusty_Noob
03-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Got a pic of the battery your ordering? I've got the JR XS3 and it accepts JR, Airtronics, Hitec and Futaba connectors etc.

Sorry just Re-Read, and your after a TX battery. Why not just put rechargeable AA's in the transmitter? They will charge through the same jack as a pack would. If you use a specific pack it connects to the board of the radio, need to take it apart to connect it IIRC.

SJFE
03-11-2008, 04:54 PM
No Darin not that I can see. Wierd... you would think so hu?

Eyekandyboats
03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
I run a 1100 Mah 3s lipo i used for my micro cars.
it will last a LONG time and its great to charge
got it off UH

Darin Jordan
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
OK guys... thanks for the replies...

I looked and there IS a receptical for a plug just underneath the removable battery caddy in the JR Tx... so it looks like that pack should drop right in... Just waiting for a response from Austin conerning a charging lead for the pack, as it appears that it would have to be charged through that small plug... I'll let you all know what I find out...

Rusty_Noob
03-12-2008, 07:10 PM
It charges through the jack in the handset itself, make sure you get a TX charge for JR and not Futaba/Hitec. The JR's Polarity is different to all the other major brands. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXL335&P=ML