PDA

View Full Version : Contest to Identify this Famous Hot-Rodder

properchopper
08-21-2011, 08:31 PM
So there I was boating at the lake, and my friend Henry Velasco, an accomplished gas/nitro racer and very well known pro-race engine parts builder in his own right points to this genial looking, ninty-year old gent who was fishing nearby. I was introduced and just blown away by how nice he was and what an honor it was to meet and chat with him, his name being a household word from my earliest hot-rod days.

If you have real hot-rod blood in your veins, you'll recognize his name as being in the forefront of race equipment manufacturing for street and strip from the 1950's to this day. If you're a hot rodder you just might have one of his :spy: under your hood.

What's his name ?

Winner will receive the honor of being named "The Winner" :rockon2:

LarrysDrifter
08-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Damn, Tony, give us a hint! Not too good of a hint though.I have a few manufacturers in mind, but no names. I know it isnt Vic Sr. as he is dead.

properchopper
08-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Damn, Tony, give us a hint! Not too good of a hint though.I have a few manufacturers in mind, but no names. I know it isnt Vic Sr. as he is dead.

Actually I know Vic Jr.. Edelbrock's in Torrance where I live. It's not him; BUT the old gent's name is right up there with Vic Sr.'s. Hint : " I'll STICK around to see if you can BUMP up his identity :popcorn2: ( That should give it away :doh:)

m4a1usr
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Oops. 3 minutes too late. I posted Vic jr by assumption

John

LarrysDrifter
08-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Ed Iskenderian? I think he's dead too. You said BUMP and I think cams. Im going to do some more thinking. I have to get this right, or I have to change my avatar. Im already ashamed I cant figure it out.

LarrysDrifter
08-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Harvey Crane? I think they are in Florida, but not too sure on that one. He might be dead too?

LarrysDrifter
08-21-2011, 10:15 PM
If its Lunati, I dont know his first name. I do know Holley owns them as well as a few others nowadays. Im really not sure if Lunati was a mans last name or just a made up name for a cam. Im ancy, mind is a racin!!

properchopper
08-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Ed Iskenderian? I think he's dead too. You said BUMP and I think cams. Im going to do some more thinking. I have to get this right, or I have to change my avatar. Im already ashamed I cant figure it out.

Larry, Congratulations ! By the Power vested in me by the "SoCal Home for Terminally Bewildered Hot Rodders and FE Crazies", I hereby declare you "The Winner" ! :rockon2:

Mr. Ed Iskenderian in the flesh ! And what a treat - He was just absolutely the NICEST person you'd ever meet. He was just so warm and friendly and popped a big smile at my obvious joy in meeting him. Chatting with this pioneering icon from the world of hot rodding just totally made my day and I felt I had to share this :thumbup1:

LarrysDrifter
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow. Thats great. Even though I dont know him and never met him, its nice to see the ole boy is still around. You California boys have it made with all the original hot rodders out there. I had a chance to me Don Garlits at the Nostalgic Drags in East St. Louis, but of course, I got shy and never approached him. Thanks for the thread, Tony. Its was fun. Can I keep my avatar even though I guessed?

properchopper
08-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Wow. Thats great. Even though I dont know him and never met him, its nice to see the ole boy is still around. You California boys have it made with all the original hot rodders out there. I had a chance to me Don Garlits at the Nostalgic Drags in East St. Louis, but of course, I got shy and never approached him. Thanks for the thread, Tony. Its was fun.

Can I keep my avatar even though I guessed?

Only if you send me your John Force coffee mug :olleyes:

LarrysDrifter
08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Ill send you a John Force mug if you can get me a "The Cam Father" mug. :w00t:

Flying Scotsman
08-22-2011, 09:45 AM
This a great thread, I was a cafe racer but great to see that some old boys are still alive and kicking.

Douggie