PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! This boat is AWESOME!!!

ejimbo4
08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
I ordered a Impulse31 and was actually one of the first ones to get one and it is my first boat! It has been sitting on my workbench for a few weeks now because I was sent a defective hull and I am still waiting on my new one but I managed to squeeze some silicone up in the hole I found up in the stuffing tube and did a temporary fix! I am having knee surgery tomorrow so me and the wife just took it to the lake and man o man am I hooked now!!!! I ran it stock with a x445 prop and 2-5000mah 40c turnigy packs and boy did that thing move!!! I didn't get any video because I had the wife in the kayak paddling around for my retrieval system (which was a good thing because I flipped it over twice :banana: ) and what a great retrieval system she is :rockon2: Like I said this is my first boat (I have been into trucks for a few years) but I just can't believe how fast and smooth t'his boat is! My hull stayed completely dry, not a drop of water so now I just have one question.... I ran it for about 4 minutes and temped it and the motor was at 108 and esc 146.... does that sound about right? There was a little wave action from boats so it wasn't wide open for to long so I really couldn't tell if the porpising was from COG or waves but I will figure it out after I recover from my knee.
I also just want to say thanks to everyone for being patient with my newb questions and that this is awesome forum! I am a member at beatyourtruck.com which is a very family/user friendly forum with a great bunch of very helpful people over there and they are the one's that recommended this site. Thanx to EVERYONE :cool2:

This is a pic of the hole in the tube the way it came from factory........not a easy one but I Mcgyvered it!

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab116/770ejimbo3/RC%20Boat/DSC02995.jpg

roadrashracing
08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
what was deffective about it?

Fluid
08-21-2011, 05:55 PM
what was deffective about it?

the hole I found up in the stuffing tube...This is a pic of the hole in the tube the way it came from factory

ejimbo4
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
That hole up in the tube. When I got a LED light up in there it looked like it was a "short"(if it were injection molding) basically there wasn't enough material ,epoxy , whatever the front of the tube is made of and it allowed water to flow in quick and there is no way to get at it from inside the hull and was extremely hard to even get a little bit of silicone in the hole from the outside. Here is a video of me filling the hull with a little water to see where it was leaking from to give you a idea of how quickly it filled up and why I was kinda disappointed that it was my first boat and couldn't play with it for 3 weeks seeing as how it was supposed to be a RTR.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab116/770ejimbo3/RC%20Boat/th_MOV02966.jpg (http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab116/770ejimbo3/RC%20Boat/?action=view&current=MOV02966.mp4)

v-spec
08-22-2011, 03:23 AM
It's good that you figured it out and got to run it. It's a great little boat, I really like mine.

thekubiaks
08-31-2011, 05:22 PM
My new Impulse 31 has the same problem (leaking). I am also running an X445 and (2) 2S5000mah Lipo's. The boat is awesome. So far I have the batteries all the way forward and the trim tabs flush with the bottom of the boat. I LOVE the boat but there is a leak that gets just enough water inside the body to P*ss me off. i'll have to see if it is the same spot as your leak. Cheers....