PDA

View Full Version : Will this prop be ok in my Motley Crew?

bdp1174
08-21-2011, 01:28 AM
I just ordered a balanced and sharpened Octura m445 from OSE yesterday to try out in my Motley Crew.I have read other posts in the forums about this prop combo with this boat that others have used and want to make sure it is a good choice or not?Also how much of a difference should it be between the stock prop and my new one?:biggrin:

Thank You

upnorthMC
08-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I ran that prop two times, both times for 4 minutes and both times minor smoke came out of the tub
when I got it opened. Temps on the motor and ESC was about 135 by the time I got it opened. I put
back on my 42x55 from Grim. Runs a bit slower but it's safer when running till the studder happens.
I am going to upgrade the cooling with larger dual pick ups and loops as show in another thread. Then I
will put the m445 back on and see how hot it gets.

jstolz
08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I just ordered a balanced and sharpened Octura m445 from OSE yesterday to try out in my Motley Crew.I have read other posts in the forums about this prop combo with this boat that others have used and want to make sure it is a good choice or not?Also how much of a difference should it be between the stock prop and my new one?:biggrin:

Thank You

The stock prop should be considerably slower than the M445. You may see 5 or more mph with the M445 over the stock prop. However, there will be less stress on the motor, battery and ESC with the stock prop. An M445 is quite an aggressive prop as compared to the stock prop. When you do run the M445, run it for two minutes and check the temps. Recharge the battery to see how much it takes to charge the battery. From that you will know what is left in the battery after a run. You will use considerably more of the battlery capacity on the M445 than the stock prop. After a run, you should have about 25% of the battery capacity left to keep the battery lasting a long time.