PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 5698 xl motor

ray schrauwen
08-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey, I was browsing around and I found a 5698 Leopard, 910 KV. Should be one hell of a motor.

It's not hard to find, sold in the USA, not China that I know???

Just a teaser, lol...:tiphat:

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah, but made in China

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 05:51 AM
If you like those motors email Kershaw Designs or check their website ask him for A deal like I did

Stinger9D9
11-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Gee, I search for 5698 Leopard and this is what I find...

http://www.calplush.com/item.cfm?id=544&catid=1&subcat=15

Just kidding...:smile:

Diesel6401
11-01-2011, 07:19 AM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=leo-5698&cat=148

Here of course with a free jacket! Amazing deal from Steve!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 07:22 AM
HAHa, Thats funny......Yeah not many people know of that motor ( Leopard 5698) the only two places I have found that sell them are Kershawdesigns.com and Steve oh and one dude on ebay mentioned that he can get em as well.....

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey, if you are interested in that motor let me know maybe we can do a group buy or something??..... Kershawdesigns.com have them at a much lower price than what Steve sells them. $149.00 for 5692 and $159.00 for 5698 with free shipping but squeeze him for a better deal as he mentioned he can do much better deal for two.......

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Oh, and water jackets for those motors are $15.00 delivered from HorRacing.com

LarrysDrifter
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Earthquakeboy, you dont seem too bright stepping on Steves toes with your comment in post #7. You do realize this is his forum, I hope. Its disrespectful to gather a group of buyers to buy from someone else because OSE costs more. Maybe you should talk to Kershaw and see if he will start a forum. You can buy where you like, but dont come on OSE and try to get people to buy elsewhere.

sailr
11-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I will be putting a 5692 with water jacket in the swap shop soon. $150 for the pair, shipped in the U.S.

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 08:50 AM
RELAX, You either have too much brains or too much money......If saving $60 bucks aint a big deal for you!! I thought this is supposed to be a frank and open forum where fellow boaters help each other............. If someones sees a cheaper item which you need advertised im sure you would want to find out bout it??

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Well I guess 99 percent of the sellers on Ebay will now loose there Leopard contracts.......Lol

Make-a-Wake
11-01-2011, 09:26 AM
As Diesel pointed out, the 5692 and 5698 come with free Aluminum water jackets.......................a $30 value, now you're savin' 5 bucks buyin' the 5692 from elsewhere....................i'd buy here if i was needing one....................Steven's prompt service and support of his product is worth 5 bucks to me.

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 09:50 AM
I just purchased two brand new 5692 1340KV motors 5mins ago and it was more like a saving of $159.80 no free jackets but I can get em for $15 bucks shipped from HorRacing.com

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Better get them quick from Kershaw, there is a reason he has them so cheap. He's not going to carry the 56mm motors any longer.

Earthquakeboy
11-01-2011, 09:54 AM
And the new larger 5698 motors are $159.00 shipped from Kershaw

sailr
11-01-2011, 09:58 AM
You guys are unbelievable. We have this great forum through the good graces of Steven at OSE. It is by far the best place to participate in the hobby and learn about model boating. Yet you bite the hand that feeds you. If this was my forum I probably wouldn't be such a good guy like Steven is. At a minimum, I would remove the posts and ask you in a private message to refrain from doing that. If you persisted, I'd ban you.

Just really bad form guys. If you want to share this type of information you should do it in PM's, not in the forum.

There is certainly nothing wrong with posting leads to great deals for products OSE doesn't sell, but you guys are over the top! Would you go stand in the middle of a new car dealership yelling you could get a better deal from another dealer? They'd throw you out on your butt!

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 10:41 AM
You guys are unbelievable. We have this great forum through the good graces of Steven at OSE. It is by far the best place to participate in the hobby and learn about model boating. Yet you bite the hand that feeds you. If this was my forum I probably wouldn't be such a good guy like Steven is. At a minimum, I would remove the posts and ask you in a private message to refrain from doing that. If you persisted, I'd ban you.

Just really bad form guys. If you want to share this type of information you should do it in PM's, not in the forum.

There is certainly nothing wrong with posting leads to great deals for products OSE doesn't sell, but you guys are over the top! Would you go stand in the middle of a new car dealership yelling you could get a better deal from another dealer? They'd throw you out on your butt!

Jim its part of doing business.

I do appreciate you guys standing up for me. Things like this for the most part help me keep abreast of whats going on out there. If I want I can lower my prices. But I have a good relationship with Leopard and do not want to harm that.

He for some reason Earthquakeboy has the need to be that person, yelling over and over. He's said it enough. At this point I'm wondering why he just doesn't buy them and move on?

lenny
11-01-2011, 12:07 PM

Or maybe they would make the sale and match or beat any deals.
Just good business and retail cents.

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Here is how I handle price matching.

I don’t match Ebay offers. I feel OffshoreElectrics has much more to offer than the cheapest Ebay lister. We sell, support and stand behind the items we directly import.
You will not find that with most Ebay people selling at rock bottom prices. For instance if your motor goes bad, shipping to Leopard is about $30 to $50.
Items purchased from us within the USA are directed back to us and we handle the returns and costs.

I'm more than willing and happy when a customer gives us the opportunity to match another website.
I would have normally matched the offer like Kershaw, but Dan from Kershaw is a close friend.
I see no need to get in a price battle with a friend of mine or take a customer from him.

Brushless55
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Well said Steven...
This is another reason I buy from you!
Classy...

JackBlack26
11-01-2011, 01:06 PM
It's not about having deep pockets. It's about buying from someone who stands behind each and every sale and will eat the cost of a bad product if necessary. I gladly pay for that service every time I order from OSE because in the long run it will save me money. Steve is here to stay. Not trying to make a quick buck and run. I have never bought from Kershaw. But I have from Steve plenty of times and my orders always come quick and correct. That's worth the extra money to me, because I'm on a budget. If I had deep pockets I would buy carelessly elsewhere.

ray schrauwen
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Thats right. Whatever goes bad or is dud from first try I have to eat when it comes from China. Kershaw? I dunno... nice guy I guess, slightly different market with big scale vehicles...
Nothing I have had from Steve has ever failed. I can't say that about HK, RCFans, R2 hobbies etc... They all leave you hanging most times.

Buyer beware, I've been burned not allot but, enough to be leary of too good of a deal.

Brushless55
11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
It's not about having deep pockets. It's about buying from someone who stands behind each and every sale and will eat the cost of a bad product if necessary. I gladly pay for that service every time I order from OSE because in the long run it will save me money. Steve is here to stay. Not trying to make a quick buck and run. I have never bought from Kershaw. But I have from Steve plenty of times and my orders always come quick and correct. That's worth the extra money to me, because I'm on a budget. If I had deep pockets I would buy carelessly elsewhere.

very good way to put it!
I've never thought about it like that...:thumbup1:

T.S.Davis
11-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I feel OffshoreElectrics has much more to offer than the cheapest Ebay lister.

Steven, you sell youself short sometimes. Steven, is a straight up stand out guy in my opinion. What ever that's worth.

OSE has also been one of the most supportive vendors of racing in years. His race sponsorship from coast to coast has been fantastic. He's one of us. He's a racer and so are his kids. AND! he gives back to the hobby where he can.

Guys, if you have an opportunity to buy something a few bucks cheaper from x,y,z is it worth the few bucks? Really? Let's at least try to help out a guy that's trying to help the hobby at large.

I know you don't do it for praise Steven but thank you anyway.

longballlumber
11-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Steven, you sell youself short sometimes. Steven, is a straight up stand out guy in my opinion. What ever that's worth.

OSE has also been one of the most supportive vendors of racing in years. His race sponsorship from coast to coast has been fantastic. He's one of us. He's a racer and so are his kids. AND! he gives back to the hobby where he can.

Guys, if you have an opportunity to buy something a few bucks cheaper from x,y,z is it worth the few bucks? Really? Let's at least try to help out a guy that's trying to help the hobby at large.

I know you don't do it for praise Steven but thank you anyway.

Excellent points Terry!

Thank you Steven!

Later,
Mike

Stinger9D9
11-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Also, don't forget guys, Steve is running this forum for us all to use for free. There are costs involved with hosting a forum that people may not realize. Those costs are graciously covered by Steve and it would be nice if the members would show some appreciation by at least not using these forums to try and undercut him.

Now if you can find a better price on these 5698 Leopards...we can talk
http://www.calplush.com/item.cfm?id=544&catid=1&subcat=15

rcboatmanwithkids2880
11-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Guy's :rockon2:,

What Steve has going here with OSE.COM reminds me of my youth when i raced BMX in Sydney , Australia , i owned a GT & it was made in the U.S.A & carried much prestige for that reason , as the U.S.A is world renowned for its quailty of Engineering & Service . Although these BL Motors come from China , make no mistake , Steve's OSE.COM is World Class when dealing with , & if i require any part that is available from OSE.COM & comparable price of somewhere else , Steve will get my business everytime for what he gives back to the hobby in the form of the World's best forum & Sponsorship of events in the U.S.A & has been known to sponsor events in Australia ( Queensland ) should not go without praise IMHO . BG .

Alexgar
11-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Is it just me or is everybody being super uptight and jumping peoples a$$es lately

LarrysDrifter
11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
We've been doing it for a while now.

rcboatmanwithkids2880
11-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Is it just me or is everybody being super uptight and jumping peoples a$$es lately

Hi Alexgar :tiphat: ,

Must be coz Santa is on his way , & certain people are going to be found out - whether they have been " Naughty or Nice " ( LOL ) . BG

Alexgar
11-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Yeah but since xfactor left no more outlet to relieve anger or what?

T.S.Davis
11-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Must be coz Santa is on his way , & certain people are going to be found out - whether they have been " Naughty or Nice " ( LOL ) . BG

HAHA Santa is NOT coming to my house.

6BOOST
11-02-2011, 07:57 AM
It all comes down to the age old saying its the principal not the point. The point: You would have to be the dumbest person on earth if you were looking to buy a product, and didn't do your research as to where you could buy the item at what price, and weigh up the cost and reliability of the service vs the price. The principal: You would also be twice as stupid if you got on the forum run by the store owner with no sponsorship to cover running costs for the sole benefit of it's members and spell out to everyone to go somewhere else to buy said items cheaper, by all means by where ever you want, but assume everyone else has the intelligence to do the same, your not the only bright spark to find a cheaper price on a product, just don't be disrespectful given the opportunity that you have to be a part of such a great community.

6BOOST

Earthquakeboy
11-02-2011, 08:32 AM
APPOLOGIES GUYS, meant no disrespect to Steve or anyone else on this forum!! Im sure he is a top bloke and me being a newby got caught up in it all when I saw those motors advertised IN USA at such a ridiculous price I just had to have it, thought you guys might want in too but obviously you rather pay top dollar next time Ill keep my mouth shut I come across an INCREDIBLE BUY!!

LarrysDrifter
11-02-2011, 08:45 AM
You still dont get it. But, its time to move on. Good luck to you and happy building.

Brushless55
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
It all comes down to the age old saying its the principal not the point. The point: You would have to be the dumbest person on earth if you were looking to buy a product, and didn't do your research as to where you could buy the item at what price, and weigh up the cost and reliability of the service vs the price. The principal: You would also be twice as stupid if you got on the forum run by the store owner with no sponsorship to cover running costs for the sole benefit of it's members and spell out to everyone to go somewhere else to buy said items cheaper, by all means by where ever you want, but assume everyone else has the intelligence to do the same, your not the only bright spark to find a cheaper price on a product, just don't be disrespectful given the opportunity that you have to be a part of such a great community.
6BOOST

agreed... :thumbup1:

You still dont get it. But, its time to move on. Good luck to you and happy building.

Yep... :thumbup1:
and I would never buy anything from Dan mainly because of how I was treated a while back with him :thumbdown: